Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Two Weeks

The first week seemed to fly by, but this week definitely took its time. Noah is getting a little bit fussier, mostly at night, which isn't so great for my sleep. During the day he still stays pretty calm and sleeps most of the time. He continues to be so sleepy that he rarely wakes himself up for feedings, so I'm sticking to waking him every 2-3 hours. I constantly wonder if he's getting enough to eat. His diapers suggest that he is, but the worrying never really ends, does it? He also has very dry skin on his hands and feet and it's driving me nuts! Lotions and creams don't seem to provide much help. In other news, he lost his umbilical cord stump on Monday. That meant we could finally give him a normal bath. It went much better than the sponge bath, at least until he peed all over the place after he was placed in his towel. I can't tell you how many times we've had "accidents" during changings. You just have to laugh! So with all the good and difficult times, he continues to light up my days and I thank the powers that be for giving Brian and I such an amazing gift!

Brian's parents visited us Saturday-Tuesday. It was fun to see Gamma Wendy finally meet the grandchild she's been dying for for years! We continue to be so grateful for the financial help they provided to make our little miracle baby possible!! All of their help over the last several days was also greatly appreciated, especially all of the cleaning! We look forward to seeing them again in June, but this time in Minnesota. Brian also went back to work, so today I'm flying solo for the first time. Brian has about 4 weeks of work left before his summer vacation starts, so I'm on my own until then. I can't wait until he's done!!! Taking care of a newborn suddenly feels like a lot more work without anyone to help me. Everyone says "rest when the baby rests." Easier said than done. If I rest when he rests, when will I find the time to eat all the extra calories and drink all the extra fluids I need to keep up with breastfeeding? I'm a little concerned about how quickly my pregnancy weight is coming off. I can already comfortably squeeze into some of my pre-pregnancy jeans (to be fair, they were kind of loose beforehand). While on one hand it makes me feel kind of relieved, on the other hand I worry that I'm not eating enough for the both of us. Sigh.

Gamma Wendy took some great pictures for us while she was here.

Family photo

Happy and content

After a nice long walk, it looked like he was smiling!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family picture! N is absolutely sweet looking too. I hope today went okay going solo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He absolutely looks like he's thriving! Take him to see a nurse for a weight check if you're worried. Generally if he's alert, active, peeing lots and having a few good poops a day, there's no need to worry.
    I fit into baggy prepg jeans 5 days postpartum. I'm still up about 15lb from my prepg weight though - not sure where it all is. I'm sure you'e doing fine.

    ReplyDelete