Monday, July 5, 2010

Growing Like A Weed

Upon return from our vacation in Minnesota, I found that a lot of Noah's 0-3 month outfits now fit him. I packed up all of his newborn clothing minus a few Carter's onesies. They tend to be longer and still fit him well. According to my scale at home, he is well over 11 pounds now. I can see it the most in his thighs and cheeks. He has a ton of outfits to wear after the shower. I'm guessing some outfits might get overlooked before he outgrows them (especially the pants!). Oh well. At least he'll be well dressed for a while.

We had a pretty quiet 4th of July. Uncle Brady came over and we went to the local street fair going on. Nothing very exciting to see, except for one of the scariest cougars EVER. Her hair was bleach blonde and teased like mad. She must have been around 5' 6" and 100 pounds, with the most frightening fake boobs (and tan) you've ever seen. I wish I could've gotten a picture. But I digress. We planned to grill steak and corn for dinner, but a heavy rain and hail storm moved in so we went for hot dogs at a local place instead. It felt patriotic, I guess. Before bed, I swaddled Noah up and decided to give reading him a bedtime story a try. So cute! He was totally looking at the pictures the whole time. We have a new ritual!


Lastly, I have to point out that it was one year ago today that I took my first lupron shot. I hate needles, but all those pokes were SO worth it!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pic! Sounds like an interesting 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte is totally into picture books too, and it's so much fun to read to her. I'm glad you're getting that with Noah, too! It really is amazing how fast they grow. Even after everyone told me that while I was pregnant, I'm still surprised at how quickly she left her newborn and 0-3month outfits behind. We're in 3-6 and 6mo sizes for the most part now, and size 2 diapers. I suspect we'll have to enroll her in college in a month or two!

    Keep enjoying him! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete