Thursday, July 1, 2010

Noah's First Vacation to Minnesota

We had a great time back home with all of our family and friends. I really wish we never had to leave. It's amazing how a baby can completely change your priorities in life. Brian and I never wanted to go back to Minnesota because the winters are so tough. After our trip, we're wondering just how soon we can move back. It is so much more fun getting to share our son with his extended family than to have him all to ourselves here in Colorado, no matter how much nicer the winters are. However, Brian just found out he's been accepted into graduate school here in Denver, so we might be committed to two more years here. We're both a little bummed about that.

Here are some highlights from the trip:

We spent the first weekend at my parent's cabin on East Battle Lake. It was so nice to listen to the loons at night and take a boat ride around the lake. Noah was in good spirits all weekend and gave us lots and lots of smiles.


The first week back we stayed with my mom and step-dad. It was kind of a hectic week with lots of running around to show people Noah. I took him to see his Great Grandma Lee, his only living great grandparent on my side of the family. I also brought him to my dad's former company to see his old coworkers.

Great Grandma Lee

Wednesday night my mom's friends threw me a shower. Also in attendance were my sister, my mom's sisters, my step-aunt, and a few cousins. The theme was Noah's Ark. It was adorable and we truly were showered with amazing gifts! Unfortunately Noah was way off of his schedule that day from all of our running around, so he was cranky the whole night.

Noah meeting Aunt Aimee at the shower

At the end of the week my best friend from high school came into town with her husband. We took our dogs to the dog park and had a great time catching up with each other. She brought Noah an adorable hedgehog toy that she knitted. I'm jealous of her talent!

Meeting Danna

The next weekend we stayed with Brian's parents. Gamma Wendy had a great time playing patty cake with Noah. He absolutely loved it! Every time he would smile so big. I really think we're going to be getting giggles soon! Sunday night we had dinner with Brian's parents, brother and fiance, grandparents, and uncle. It was fun sharing Noah with all of them!

Monday night my step-dad scored us company seats to the Twins game versus the Detroit Tigers. The Twins lost the game, but we enjoyed seeing the new stadium, and I got to see an old friend from high school who happened to be there. Gamma Wendy babysat Noah for us so we could enjoy our night out together. He ate 5oz for his dinner! I was shocked since I've never seen him bottle feed more than 2.5oz.

Target Field!

Noah continued to impress us with his sleeping the whole trip. One night I fed him at 8:00pm and he didn't wake to feed until 5:00am. I hope this trend continues now that we're back home! So all in all, it was a great trip, and much too short! We miss everyone so much already!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa's mom (aka Grandma Cheri)July 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM

    I am fervently hoping your Minnesota cravings will last long enough to see you come back home! We miss you, too, and cannot get enough of that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip. He's so smiley! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gamma Wendy sure misses those smiles, and that wonderful snuggly, just-about-to-go-to-sleep time. We miss you! We miss Noah!

    ReplyDelete