Friday, February 4, 2011

The End

Breastfeeding and pumping is done. January 31st was the last day I pumped and I had 1.5 oz to show for it. There is just no point in continuing. For as long as I obsessed and fought with myself over keeping at it, I find myself feeling mostly relieved to be done. Holy shit, it is hard work to pump nearly exclusively! So instead of feeling the guilt I was worried I would feel, I just feel proud. A little over 9 months is pretty damn amazing with a full-time job, if I do say so myself. And no, I don't miss washing pump parts 3-4 times a day, either. So in celebration of my hard work and commitment to Noah, I drank a margarita tonight!!! And it was delicious! Woohoo! My alcohol tolerance is probably even less than it was as a teenager, considering I haven't indulged in much more than a sip since July 2009. Oh yes, that is dedication!

7 comments:

  1. You did such a great job with eping! It's a lot more work then it looks like! Hope you enjoyed the margarita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 9 months! I'm right behind you - last night was the first night since K was born that I didn't get up to feed or pump. Sweet! Not sure how long it will take me to wean, but I'm guessing not long once I stop the domperidone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exclusively pumping mothers amaze me. I doubt I could have kept at it for 9 months! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, mama! Hope that margarita was delicious. Mmmmmm. I miss margaritas. Soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nine months is amazing. Congratulations on a job well done, and I am glad you enjoyed that margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Yes, we should be proud Mamas!! Thanks for your supporting comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Lisa's mom):
    I distinctly remember the feeling of "Yay! I have my body back," because you are definitely sharing it while breastfeeding. Way to go, Sweetie. (Though I'm a little dismayed at the teenager comment! WHAT?) ;-)

    ReplyDelete