Luckily, the icky sicky is not Noah or I. It's my friend who watches Noah. As a result, I had to stay home with Noah today and yesterday (oh, life is so rough!). Let me tell you, I read some blogs from women who proclaim that they couldn't make it as a stay-at-home mom. Apparently you must love your jobs WAY more than I do, because I would give mine up in the blink of an eye to stay home with Noah every day. Yes it's just as much work, but I enjoy it so much more. If I could afford to work part-time, that might be ideal. I would probably feel a little guilty all the time if I wasn't contributing any income.
So what have we been up to the last couple of days? Well, yesterday we woke up early and played, ate, and napped the day away. Here's Noah walking with his fancy Playskool contraption.
Today we slept in til 9:30 (after an unusual 4:40am wake up feed), then became obsessed with a forgotten blue rattle. He would not put it down. Not even to crawl, climb, or eat.
I've also been reading him "My Little Word Book." There's a few pages with all kinds of animals on them (farm animals, pets, and wild animals). I point to each one and make the sounds that each particular animal makes (or my best guess... what does a giraffe sound like???). Noah thinks it's hysterical when I roar like a bear, trumpet like an elephant, and hiss like a snake. Um yeah, WAY better than going to work!

He's just SO flippin cute Lisa!
ReplyDeleteI agree! I looooove staying at home more than anything. I have no desire to go back to working full-time. I can't believe how big he looks walking like that! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with you totally, Lisa. I never once regretted staying home with the boys. I am totally grateful I was able to stay at home as many years as I could. Maybe at some point you will be able to at least work part time. I am glad you had your fun days with Noah. Gamma misses him!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you! I have had no issue giving up a teaching job that required 2 degrees (of which I spent ALL MY OWN MONEY to obtain) and usually takes an average of 7 years of occasional teaching to acquire. I would much rather stay home with my son (also Noah!). And I know I will never reach the end of my life and wish I had spent more time working, but I WOULD wish I had spent more time with my kids.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could hack it as a SAHM, but I go a little stir crazy...although that is changing. I don't have to walk the floors with a colicky baby now, so the 1-2 times I've kept him home recently due to school closings or illness (yesterday, first ear infection, yippee), I've enjoyed it much more than I ever did before. And weekends are way more enjoyable that they used to be, so I guess that's a clue, too. Even when he's sick, he's fun. He's at such a great age now. So, I hear ya! I am trying to figure out a part-time scheme (can't do it with current employer) and saving mucho dinero in case I finally decide to throw in the towel and stay home until the end of the year at least...time will tell!
ReplyDelete