Ugh, I suck. At this point it's closer to 18 months, but whatever. The inner organized dork who lives inside me took detailed notes on my phone throughout the month about his 17 month "milestones" and then started a new note for 18 months. So, I can safely say that the highlights I am about to share truly do represent what Noah was doing at 17 months, and not a day older. :)
- New words: bread, wheee!, bee, oww, sit, yay, kick, caw (bird noise), baa (sheep noise), cow, shoe, water, uh oh (or as he says, uh uh oh), okay, go, bunny
- This month we said "bye bye" to bottles. Nothing but sippies from here on out! I'm just glad I won't be sending my son to Kindergarten with a bottle in hand.
- We have seen a real increase in tantrums. He is so easily frustrated!
- At his friend Max's birthday party, Noah slid down the slide all by himself. There were a couple funny spills at the end of the slide (which had no drop off, just straight to the ground which is awesome for a little one!), but he loved it. Each time he went down, he enthusiastically shouted "wheeeee!" So cute!
- I think "terrible twos" start way earlier than two. Noah wants to do everything for himself. For example, I can no longer read him books at bed time. He jumps off my lap, finds his own book, and reads to himself. If I try to read to him, he'll push my hand away and shake his head. I miss our bedtime stories, but figure this is just a phase that will pass. It is pretty cute watching and listening to him pretend to read though.
- He is working on using a spoon and fork by himself as well. I can still feed him as long as he has his own utensil to hold.
- We have ourselves a little dancing machine. Any time he hears music come on, he'll start swaying back and forth. Sometimes he throws in little arm movements as well. This is my favorite of Noah's habits right now. It especially kills me when he hears music in a commercial on TV and he'll stop whatever he was doing and start swaying.
So that's all I kept notes on for the month. I feel like I'm getting worse at remembering details each month. I think I'm just exhausted from my crazy work schedule this year which is a whole other post in itself, but I won't bore anyone with that garbage. I don't have any great pictures to share this month because I've also been too busy to sync my camera to the computer. Soon, I hope!
This will have to do for now!


No comments:
Post a Comment