Friday, June 8, 2012

FET Calendar

On Tuesday we met with the IVF nurse to get our calendar and go over our medication protocol. Call me crazy, but I almost feel like a fresh IVF cycle would be easier (but way more expensive)! Here's the details. 
  • I'm already on BCP which will continue through June 22. 
  • I start the Lupron on June 18 and stop on July 10. 
  • June 27th is my first blood draw (and officially day one of our FET cycle) and if all looks good I start baby aspirin, Estrace pills and Vivelle patches that night. Those continue at least 2.5 weeks after transfer (assuming I'm pregnant). 
  • I go in for another blood draw and first lining check on July 6. If my lining looks good, they will give me my first Novarel trigger in the office. I repeat that three more times in smaller doses both pre- and post-transfer. 
  • I start PIO shots (yippee) on July 7 and that continues until at least 7 weeks pregnant at which point I could switch to suppositories if I so desire. 
  • I start Medrol on July 8 and take that until July 11. 
  • The transfer is scheduled for July 12. We will be thawing one embryo at a time until we have one "excellent" candidate for the transfer. We have 10 frozen (which were all rated A+ prior to the freeze) so I feel pretty good about having extras on hand should this first FET fail. It makes me sad though that some might be thawed and look just ok and not make the cut.
  • My first beta is July 21, and the repeat is July 24. They will actually call me with the first result this time, so I won't have to wait the extra three days like last time. 
  • Will I POAS? I don't know, that just becomes a messed up head game every time.
I am excited, but holy cow! With Noah I didn't have to do the PIO, and I got to stop everything after my second beta came back ok. The nurse explained that things are just different with an FET. In the end, I know it will all be worth it. I would've taken a million more shots for Noah if I'd had to. But I can't help thinking, maybe I should have rooted just a little harder for that miracle BFP. Of course, rooting harder wouldn't have changed a thing.


On a different note, summer vacation is a God-send! I needed this break so badly! Two-year-olds are tiring, hard work, but so much more rewarding! I don't miss the stress of school one bit.

3 comments:

  1. Yippee! My protocol is a bit less....bcps until 6/26, E2V injections every three days starting on 6/30, then Crinone 2x a day starting the week before the transfer. Also, yay for summer vay-cay! Whootwhoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People always ask me if I miss teaching, and I feel the same way. 2 year olds are hard work, too, but taking care of my own child is so much more rewarding! So no, I don't miss teaching.

    That protocol does sound "involved". But it's exciting!

    ReplyDelete