Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Vacation, Part 1


May 29-June 15

Another summer, another installment of summer updates! I enjoy looking back on everything we did last summer, so I guess I'll continue the tradition.

We all know how my summer started off: a mystery BFP that ended in a chemical pregnancy. It was really distracting and stressful, so I didn't feel like summer really began until I knew for sure that we could move on as planned with our FET. The first weekend we attended Jazz in the Park. Every Sunday throughout the summer, Denver's City Park puts on a jazz concert and people flock there by the thousands. We never went last summer, and I guess we've been missing out. In our defense, it's about a 30-40 minute drive. It was worth it though to hang out with friends and let Noah entertain himself (and everyone around him!).

Noah LOVED Sam!
We went to the zoo one day with my friend Noelle and her son Wilson. I didn't take many pictures, so I'm cheating and including some from Memorial Day weekend.
 
Elephant tricks

Clapping for the elephant
We've also had fun in the backyard with our cheap inflatable pool. Noah calls it his "poodle." He can pronounce the word pool, and I do try to correct him, but oh my gosh it's cute to hear him exclaim, "Mommy, wanna go in poodle!"


My dad came into town for a short visit as well. Noah enjoyed getting to see his Papa Jeff again! Brian, my dad, and uncle Brady all went golfing, and Noah "helped" them on the driving range.

Teasing each other


Helping Daddy tee his ball
Aside from Jazz in the Park, our own community also puts on a weekly concert throughout the summer. Again, we never tried it out last summer and yes, we wish we had. Noah thought it was quite novel to run around the park dodging other older kids running around. He also enjoyed dancing on stage with Mommy and Daddy. He asked me to dance. How could I say no?

He's got moves!
We also hung out one day at an indoor gym/park for little kids called Monkey Bizness (Noah calls it "Monkey Bed"). They have a few around town, and it's a nice place to meet friends on a hot day. There's a coffee shop for the parents so you can chat with other moms (or dads) while your kids play in a safe environment. Works for me! 
Hanging out with Sammy
It's been nothing super exciting so far, but it still beats work! Our travel plans this year aren't as exciting as last summer with our two separate trips to Minnesota. The FET protocol is making it much more difficult. We'll try to get back later on, because I need some lake time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the poodle... pool + puddle? Happy summer to you all!

    ReplyDelete