Friday, June 29, 2012

Things I Don't Want to Forget

1) A couple of weeks ago, Noah was asking for me while I was drying my hair. When I was finally done, I picked him up. He wrapped his arms around me, held me tight, and said, "I love you, Mommy." Then he loosened his grip, looked me in the eyes, and said it again. Over and over. It made me cry.


2) Noah really enjoys being sung to at night. After Three Men and A Baby came out, my step-dad used to sing that "Good night sweetheart" song at bedtime. (Or at least I think he did, it's a fuzzy memory.) Either way, I love to sing that to Noah at bedtime. It's been our old standby for a long time. Recently, he started asking (more like demanding) "more" after I'm done. We now have a playlist of "Twinkle Twinkle," ""You are my sunshine," and "Hush little baby." Sometimes he tries to sing along to "Twinkle Twinkle" getting just a few words here and there in the right place. Last night he surprised me by joining in during "You make me happy when skies are grey." I cried again. I would like to blame the copious amount of hormones I'm currently taking, but I think I would have cried anyway. He's so sweet.


3) Without much teaching from us, Noah is quite a polite little man. He says "thank you" so sweetly in his little voice. I love hearing him say "Thank you Mommy" over the smallest things, like handing him a piece of trash that he can throw away.


4) We are in a serious monkey-see, monkey-do phase. The other night Noah watched Brian give me my Lupron. He begged and begged for the needle, so we gave him a clean syringe to play with (sans needle of course) from our leftovers from IVF. (Yes, I even still have my original sharps container, because I haven't gotten around to figuring out where to dispose of it. Call me lazy, it's ok.) Later in the evening, Noah snuck upstairs to play. After a couple of minutes, I walked into the kitchen and saw this:
Pinch and stick


5) While eating, Noah pretends that chunks of his food are animals, most often horsies or elephants. Sometimes a big chunk is "daddy" and a small chunk is "baby." The animals walk, ride on each other, neigh, and make Noah's version of elephant noises. 


6) He loves dragons. Brian watched "How To Train Your Dragon" with him a few months ago, and he has been quite fascinated ever since. Sometimes if we need him to quiet down, we take a quick breath in and whisper, "I think I heard a dragon." He gets a very surprised look on his face, takes a quick breath in, and whispers back, "Ooh, a dragon ." Then he's on the hunt to find it.


7) He still does his T-Rex walk from time to time. It is probably the funniest, cutest thing he does. It never gets old.


8) He is getting bossy and independent. Sometimes Noah orders me to sit, or run, or just stay put. "I get it," "I do it," and "No Mommy/Daddy!" are all common phrases these days.


9) Noah really plays with his toys now, like, the way they were intended. He makes the little people in cars talk to each other, "Hey guys!" and actually builds things with his blocks, instead of just smashing them around. Golf in the backyard is one of his favorite pastimes. And most recently he has gotten slightly attached to his Curious George doll. Sometimes George has to eat breakfast with us.
He even gets a paci!


10) The main thing I don't want to forget is just how much I love this age. Is there anything cuter and more innocent than the mind of a toddler?


FET Update:
I've moved on to taking lots of estrogen support. Patches every other day, and a pill each night. Lupron continues until the 10th. My next blood draw is Monday. We are 13 days from transfer. Holy.

3 comments:

  1. He sounds totally adorable:) I agree, I love this age so much! Sometimes I wish he could stay 2 years old forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of him hiving himself the shot. That was way too cute.

    Yes, DH is German, but I also did 2 years of it in high school, 3 months exchange at 15, and then lived there for 5 years in my 20s. So now we all speak German at home.

    Good luck with your FET too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you and Noah are enjoying your summer together :). He is so lucky that you take the time to cherish each of those moments!!! Have a great summer, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete