Friday, July 6, 2012

The C Word *Updated*

Canceled. We might be. The sonographer may have seen an abnormality in the lining. I didn't get my trigger shot. The nurse said they will review the images with a physician and call me later. I asked what will happen if something doesn't look right. She gave a sympathetic look and said, "I don't know. We might have to stop this cycle. If we do, we might have to do another hysteroscopy to check for a polyp. It's unlikely since everything looked fine in May, but you never know." 


Fuck. 


If you feel like sending positive vibes into the universe today, please send some my way.


*UPDATE*


It's official. We're canceled. How did things go so wrong so fast? I'm so disappointed and upset. And now I have to go celebrate a friend's wedding. Ugh. Watch out, open bar, because here comes a hot mess.

4 comments:

  1. BOOO! But if it's just a small, benign fibroid or something they shouldn't cancel, should they? Or wouldn't that be up to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nurse told me they won't transfer unless everything looks "perfect," and no it's not up to me. Still waiting. Pure torture.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to see this news. I guess it's better to be cancelled for this than for not having any embryos survive the thaw, but it's still really sucky. I hope the hysteroscopy clears things up and you can move on to another cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it turns out to be nothing so you can just be pissed at the sonographer and not worry about a possible medical issue. I also hope you did OK at the wedding. I went to one just before the cycle that resulted in Charlotte, after a failed IUI w/OI that had morphed into IVF#1. Drank waaaayyy too much and then bawled my eyes out watching my niece dance with her brother (niece was 21 and her brother was 8). Seriously- my head was buried in my husband's shoulder because I didn't want everyone to see me crying so hard, but I just couldn't stop.

    Anyhow- whatever happens now is what it takes to end up with the right sibling for Noah. The universe is just aligning the stars for you, and things aren't quite ready yet. How long until your RE finds out what the "something" is? If it's nothing, or nothing that needs action, when can you cycle again? I hope it's soon, for your sanity!

    ReplyDelete