Sunday, December 9, 2012

Well, that sucked.

Today we had a neighbor over to watch the Vikings vs. Bears game. We are avid Vikings fans, and he is a Bears fan. We were having a nice afternoon and his little boy and Noah were playing happily together. Noah asked me to get out some magic paper for his magic marker. I stood up from the couch and walked over to the shelf. As I reached for the paper, I felt this sensation of wetting my pants. At first it just felt like a trickle, but then it turned to a full on gush. It was such an awkward moment. I could tell it had completely saturated my entire crotch area and was beginning to run down my legs. I backed out of the room (literally) as subtly as possible and then bolted for the upstairs bathroom. 


***TMI ALERT***

It was like a scene out of a slasher film. I can't even begin to explain how much blood was pooled in my jeans. I ripped off my clothes, threw them in the tub, and sat on the toilet while blood continued to drain out of me. I caught a big clot and examined it, then waited as it turned back to a trickle and then mostly stopped. I called for Brian and he brought me my phone. He looked pretty concerned when he saw the scene in front of him, but stayed calm. I called our after hours care and they decided I probably had some retained tissue which worked its way out. I tend to agree since I never really bled heavily after the miscarriage itself, and the last ultrasound I ever had showed a small clot and very thick lining left inside. I'll follow up with the OB tomorrow, unless I start bleeding more and then it's off to the ER. Of course this was a traumatic experience, but I am so glad it happened at home. I can't even begin to imagine what I would have done had I been at work or out at a store or restaurant. 

Ok Universe. I am over this. Please stop now.

But hey, the Vikings won! I guess you can only ask for so much.

5 comments:

  1. Bonus that your team won. That sucks though. :( Hope this is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that this happened to you! I am hoping this is the last of it!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary! I'm so sorry...I really hope this was the LAST of it. Congrats on your Vikings win =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the goriness is over now. Reading about it takes me back to high school and my super-heavy periods that had me running to the washroom between every class to exchange yet another leaking super plus tampon. Even that sounds like nothing in comparison to what you went through!

    ReplyDelete