Saturday, January 5, 2013

Almost Back In the Game

As I mentioned previously, I rang in the New Year with my feet in stirrups. Since everything looked okay, I got the green light to move forward. I called to talk to my new nurse yesterday and she seemed incredibly personable. We talked about a lot of stuff and she spent ample time answering all of my questions. I am really impressed so far. She got me onto their calendar for the next round of transfers. This means that with my next period, I will start birth control pills! YAY! We're still waiting on bloodwork to determine what additional medications we may add to the protocol, but for now I have a tentative transfer in the books for either the week of March 4th or 11th, depending on when my period shows up.

With an impending cycle, I have done a lot of thinking about how open I want to be with it. I have never been one to hide the fact that we have to use ART to get pregnant. To me, it's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of. It seems easier to be out in the open with everything with friends and coworkers. However, after having gone through a miscarriage, I found out how hard it is to untell people. Some still don't know, and I'm hoping they'll just eventually realize that I'm not showing and they won't ask about it. So, for now I'm planning on keeping this cycle to just our family and all of you lovely ladies. I even considered starting a new blog to prevent some people from finding out, but that just feels cumbersome. Therefore, if you know me in real life, please keep my information private. This includes parents! :)

I have a couple more posts brewing about my dog and my "what not to wear" Christmas experience, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for moving forward!!!

    (sorry for the lack of commenting I've been doing... my laptop busted in the middle of December and I just got a new one, but my kids have been sick for the past 2 weeks... blah)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for having a plan!! I know I always felt much better with having a plan!! I will be here cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! I will certainly be here cheering for you. I can understand why you'd rather keep in more private than last cycle. Happy you are so pleased with Dr A's office.

    ReplyDelete