Sunday, February 24, 2013

Because Things Are Rarely Easy!

Remember how the end of 2012 sucked? Well, unfortunately 2013 isn't starting out a whole lot better. Sometime in early February we woke up in the middle of the night to discover the house was freezing. We had to have a furnace repairman come out at 4:30am to fix the igniter. A week or two later Ed had his heart attack. On Wednesday night our fridge died. Our not quite five year old fridge. No repairman until tomorrow afternoon. Luckily it's been cold enough that I can safely "refrigerate" my lupron in the garage. Also on Wednesday night it snowed like crazy and Brian's car wasn't able to get him to work on Thursday. He got stuck on the side of the mountain on his way up to work and had a friend come get him. The next day he went off the road again and hit a fence, cracking his front bumper. He bought new tires, so hopefully problem solved. Do you ever just have one of those months? Jeez.

Tomorrow is day one of our cycle. I go in for an ultrasound in the morning to make sure everything checks out and then I get to start the estrogen patches. So many things have been going on that I've been pretty distracted from thinking about this transfer. If it weren't for my phone reminding me to take my meds each night, I really might not remember.

Ed remains stable in ICU. The doctor has said that he is the "sickest patient in ICU." That's not comforting. But, his lungs are recovering from the pneumonia and his oxygen levels are drastically improved. An MRI showed ample brain activity, but it doesn't guarantee brain function. They have started to lessen the sedative, and he opened his eyes yesterday, but so far only blank stares. My mom is told this is normal and not to worry, but I'm sure it's hard not to. Currently the right side of his heart is not functioning, and it may not without a device. Things are still very critical, so if you could please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers, we would all appreciate it. I had a dream last night that he was talking to me on the phone, so I hope this is a good sign!

Today we are having the biggest snowstorm of the season. I enjoy snowstorms when I know that I can just hunker down and stay at home all day. We did get out to shovel a little this morning, and Noah really enjoyed helping out with his sand scooper.



He also thought it was really funny when Brian started throwing snowballs at him.



Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. He is such a beautiful little boy!!! If we lived closer, I'd have to call dibs on him for Paisley. She hasn't had the chance to really play in snow yet since we haven't gotten much since she was tiny. Hope that everything starts to improve. When it rains, it pours. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3! Yay for Day 1! What's with all of the other crap going on? Hopefully you just got it all out of the way and now you are good. Knocking on wood for ya. I hope everything goes well tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable =) But you already knew that. Fun to see him enjoying the snow we got. I took my DD out around noon and she just kept saying "it's blowing in my eyes" until I took her in. The wind was pretty fierce I must admit.

    Hope you get the green light today and things with the FET run smoothly. Lots of continued PTs for you and for Ed!!!

    ReplyDelete