Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Snow Day

The weather gods granted us a snow day today. And by weather gods, I mean local meteorologists. Everyone was talking about the blizzard-like conditions we would be experiencing today, so all schools around Denver canceled last night. Instead we woke up to a dusting, with maybe 3 additional inches today. Considering yesterday's highs were in the high 60s/low 70s, the roads have remained just fine. I am not complaining. I love a free day!!

Despite today's snow, the weather here has been improving. This weekend we went out to eat with my brother and we waited for our table outside. The restaurant is next to a mall with a lovely outdoor koi pond/stream. Noah likes to watch the fish, so it's a nice distraction while we wait. Well, apparently it is preggo season because I swear every woman that walked by was like 10 months pregnant. I'm not gonna lie. It stings a lot knowing that I could have been one of them. But it's silly to think like that, because clearly things weren't meant to be. Although I really wish I was still pregnant, it hasn't been on my mind as much lately. I have found the new cure to infertility woes. The secret? Sell your house.

As I mentioned earlier, we put our house up for sale at the tail end of our spring break. It technically went up the night before Easter. On the holiday itself we had three showings. We got our first offer Monday morning, and then had 13-14 more showings scheduled for the day. By Monday night, we were under contract already. Then we submitted an offer on a bank owned house Tuesday and found out it was accepted Thursday afternoon. It has all been a total whirlwind. There are so many stressors including loans and inspections to go around that the last thing on my mind is getting pregnant again. I have to admit, it's kind of nice in that respect. Yet, I'm not sure that this stress is any easier to deal with. Ugh, is it May 1st yet?

I know it will all be worth it in the end. I can't wait to live in this house! (And I do hope we can fill it with one more kid...)

3 comments:

  1. In this picture and from this angle, it kind of looks like Mom and Dad's old place on Lake Sylvia! I hope the process goes as smoothly as it can, and I know that there will be a day when I am visiting you, Brian, Noah and my new grandson or granddaughter in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been so nice the last few weekends, happy that you're getting out and enjoying it. We're going to hit the zoo this weekend =) Last time we were there all the bellies were out too...and it still gets to me. I've been in your place and know how hard that is {{{HUGS}}}

    WOW, so happy the sale of your house and purchase of the new, beautiful house is going so smoothly!!! When we sold our last house in 2007 it was on the market for an agonizing 15 months. Hope all the inspections go smoothly and you are in your new house before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful house. What a great move investment wise to sell yours and buy bank owned. It's always stressful closing on homes, but in the end it will probably make your lives much less stressful in the long run.

    Sorry you feel like a preggo magnet. I do know that feeling, and it stings even more after you've had a loss or two.((HUGS)) You'll get back to that happy place, and in the meantime enjoy all of the other great things in your life. Looks like you have a lot to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete