Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Big Three!!!

I'm not sure how it's possible, but my little baby boy turned three today. Seriously?!

We had a smallish birthday party for Noah yesterday with a number of friends. The theme was Jake and the Neverland Pirates because he is OBSESSED. It's actually pretty cute. Whenever we're out and about, he'll start the little march they do and sing the song, "Yo ho mateys away! There'll be treasure and adventure today!" He loves to pretend that various tube-shaped objects are "telescopes" and insists that I assist him with finding treasure.

The Cake
I have to say, throwing a birthday party in the midst of moving is not a fun endeavor (and the cord for my camera has apparently been packed so I can only add my phone pics). I'm already stressed out as it is, and putting together a little party was the last thing I wanted to do Saturday morning. It was mostly fun though, and I know Noah enjoyed getting to have a party dedicated to him. The hardest part for me was having to hang out with my two pregnant friends. One recently had a baby as well. The three of them sat around and talked about their first-born's reactions and thoughts to having a baby sibling on the way. They complained about how big they felt. Each time any conversation like this got started I promptly found someone else to talk to. I can't handle it. The three of us all would have been due within about 8 weeks of each other, and we all would have had baby girls. Not getting to be a part of this excitement anymore sucks. (Which reminds me, today is the beginning of National Infertility Awareness Week. An appropriate date to begin on if you ask me!)

Noah only got a few presents this year. With the expenses and hassle of moving, I'm not up to shelling out big bucks. Nor do I want more stuff to pack. However, I couldn't pass up Jake's talking spyglass and treasure map. Noah loved them both!

Ahoy Mommy!
Today was his actual birthday, but it was pretty low key. Brian spent a lot of the day packing, and Noah and I played outside a bit. We blew bubbles in the morning, drew with chalk after lunch, and then went over to a friend's house for dinner and more cake. We FaceTimed with grandparents, and Noah's best friend Wilson messaged us a video wishing Noah a happy birthday, followed by a sweet "I miss you!"

Getting messy...

...and loving it!
Happy Birthday Matey! Mommy loves you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, where does the time go?! Can't believe he's 3 (and my DD is so soon to follow). You're amazing for having a party in the middle of moving. Way to go mama! I'm sorry your friends couldn't keep their preggo conversations under wraps for your gathering though...kind of insensitive =( Love all the pics, he's adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie!!! I want a piece of that cake too. Yummo! Pirate's themes is so stinkin cute. I don't blame you for not overdoing it with presents either. Sorry you had to deal with the unwanted side coversation, but you are an amazing mom for dealing with it enough to make it a great day for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best option mama! I am sorry your mates would not maintain their preggo interactions under wraps for your get together however...form of insensitive =( Love all of the photos, he is cute keep in mind!

    runescape gold
    Gold für WOW Kaufen
    Diablo 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete