Any recommendations for good summer reading? To get an idea of my interests, I recently read Gone Girl (just ok, all characters were so deplorable that I thought they all deserved each other), Water for Elephants (ok), What Alice Forgot (loved it), Inferno (pretty good, typical Dan Brown), and The Shining Girls (too scattered and poor story development, IMO). One of my favorite authors ever was Michael Crichton. I also liked The Help and some of Steve Martin's novels, especially The Pleasure of My Own Company. That's a random assortment I know, but maybe it'll help generate ideas.
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have you ever read any of the Stephanie Plum series books by Janet Evanovich? They are entertaining and fun reads IMO.
ReplyDeleteI will look into them. Thanks!
DeleteThe Stephanie Plum books are a stitch! Very funny, very quick reads. I recently enjoyed The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. I also read The Aviator's Wife. It's about Anne Morrow Lindbergh. Charles Lindberg is not terribly likable, but it was interesting reading about Anne going from a shy young woman with no self-esteem, into an accomplished author. I also liked Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore. Kind of like the Dan Brown novels, only with Google and computers thrown in to solve the mystery.
ReplyDeleteWhenever people ask for book recommendations, I always suggest Pillars of the Earth. It's super long but just fabulous.
ReplyDelete