It's been a week since our transfer. Unfortunately I have more than a week left to wait until I get official results. For whatever reason, my first beta isn't until Monday and then it gets repeated Thursday which is when they will give results. Ugh. Last time I tested at 11dpt and when it was negative, it just seemed annoying to keep takings meds until my beta at 13dpt. So I don't know what to do this time. Just wait, or cave and POAS. Hmph.
I feel like my "symptoms" mirror both my successful FET and my successful fresh cycle. I had off and on cramps for the first 4-5 days, along with a lot of lower back pain. I still have what I would describe as throbbing ovaries here and there, along with sporadic back pain. I had a dull, annoying headache behind my left eye at 3-4dpt, and mild nauseous feelings around 4-5 dpt, especially after eating lunch. I feel a little more tired than usual, a little hungrier, and a little dehydrated. My chest is getting more sore each day, but not terribly so. Initially I kind of thought this was a success, but doubt is creeping in as my body is starting to feel more normal each day. So that's that. I won't know if any of it means anything for a while yet. Boo.
I did avoid catching whatever Noah had so I'm thankful for that. The timing didn't end up being so terrible, because at least he didn't mind being a couch potato with me during my bed rest. The last of my pregnant friends gave birth to her daughter on Sunday. I'm slightly relieved that I won't have to endure Facebook bump photos anymore, but it also makes me sad all over again that I lost my baby. The miscarriage definitely has taken its toll on my friendships. It's still hard to be around so many of them right now, with their healthy, happy babies and families. I know they don't mean to be insensitive, but a lot of what they say hurts me in ways they don't understand. So for now I'm continuing to keep my distance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I can so relate to your last paragraph! It definitely takes a toll on friendships, that's for sure. Even though you know your friends mean well...sometimes good intentions just aren't enough. I hope that someday you and your friends will be able to reconnect, but if not, I strongly believe that we sometimes have friends for a season and even those types of friends are so valuable in our journey.
ReplyDelete