Saturday, July 6, 2013
Ready To Be Done
Apparently I'm in a very different headspace for this transfer. Last time I put off testing a day later than I had planned to because I wanted to pretend I could be pregnant one day longer. But this time? I'm done. Over it. Since Thursday I've become increasingly more convinced that I will be getting a BFN. Are there slivers of hope? Sure. I have woken up to pee a few times this week which I rarely ever do. Today I feel really hungry. But I feel like the top predictor of a BFP is the sore, swollen chest. Each day since Thursday I feel that it has deflated and decreased in tenderness. Some of you are probably thinking, just take the damn test already, and obviously at 11dp5dt I would get a definitive answer. I know I could just do that, but I don't want to take meds after getting a BFN. And I'm a good girl and would continue to do so even knowing that it's already over. However, I am considering making my clinic tell me after my first beta on Monday. If it's negative then, no way will it change three days later. The sooner I can end this misery, the better. I just want to stop thinking about it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am not sure how you are not testing but more power to you for not testing!! Hope you are surprised with a wonderful BFP!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you! I'm in the not-testing camp... but I might cave for my first IVF cycle.
ReplyDeleteIt's not your first rodeo. Insist that they tell you their best damned guess Monday. And I hope fervently that your usual good instincts are wrong, wrong, wrong this time.
ReplyDeleteUgh...I've always thought it was kind of dumb that they didn't tell you your number on the first day. It's not like your knowing will change what happens on beta #2. My clinic calls me immediately. If it's over 100, they don't even have you do a second. I hate that this is where you are...(hugs).
ReplyDeleteYour instincts have been so accurate in the past. I am just holding on to a shred of hope that this time, they are not. I agree with Cheri, though. I think you should ask for a number on Monday.
ReplyDeleteWishing you tons of luck today! I'm always ready for a cycle to be over, one way or another, too. Sending lots of BFP thoughts your way. I always made them tell me the 1st number too =)
ReplyDeleteWishing you tons of luck today. I would insist on the results today. Hoping you get a surprise BFP!!
ReplyDeleteI'm holding out a little longer. We're going on a mini-camping trip and I don't want anything to bring me down for the night. Thanks for your support!
DeleteHoping you got good news girlie. If not, sending big fat hugs your way. Let us know how you are doing when you feel comfortable to do so. Hope you enjoyed your camping trip!
ReplyDeleteI was feeling the same way since my boobs are not sore and they were for my first pregnancy. I got a BFP!!! Each pregnancy is different so dont rely on the "symptoms" I thought I was 1000% out.
ReplyDeleteWhen is your beta?