Friday, October 25, 2013

Parent FAIL

About a month ago we got a little note from Noah's preschool that his show-and-tell was going to be on Thursday. He really wanted to bring a bell that we have hung in the kitchen, but at the last minute he changed his mind and brought some toy cars instead. Since that day, he has frequently asked if he could bring all sorts of things to show-and-tell. Each time I have told him the same thing, "You already had your show and tell." Then yesterday we got the following note:


Brian and I got a pretty good laugh over the idea that poor neglected Noah has been showing off his jacket every week. I'm sure the teachers and kids think we're the lamest family ever. Today I explained to the teacher that we had no idea this was a weekly thing, and laughed about showing his jacket every week. She made sure to tell me that each week he puts a lot of enthusiasm into it, regardless of how lame it is. Aww, he's such a great kid! Next week he'll have something awesome to share for sure! 

5 comments:

  1. Gr. Tom and I are laughing so hard we have tears rolling down our face. Poor little Noah! What a trooper he is! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my word. I was laughing so hard as I tried to tell Grandpa Ed the story that I could hardly speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to giggle at your misfortune =) I can imagine Noah up there showing off his coat for the 5th time with enthusiasm, bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that is not winning Mother of the Year this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gotta say, this is pretty hilarious! And it shows Noah is ingenious thinking up something for show n tell on the spot! :D hehe

    ReplyDelete