There is so much I want to say about this unexpected and miraculous pregnancy, but it's like I can't find the right words. There is so much gratitude in my heart, and I get teary just thinking about this little life inside me. Just 2 months ago I wrote a pity party post, and now I'm suddenly 9 weeks pregnant? Unbelievable.
I have had plenty of anxiety, but this pregnancy is so different than the last which constantly reassures me. For the first time I'm experiencing food aversions. Brian bought me a NutriBullet for Christmas and made a couple smoothies for me. By the third day, I could no longer handle the idea of spinach or kale. Even bananas kind of gross me out as a result. I am extremely tired, get super nauseous if I let myself get hungry, gag and dry heave when brushing teeth, and wake up to pee every night. My stomach is slowly starting to pop out. I'm in the stage where my pants are pushing things up and my growing chest is pushing things down, so I end up with rolls of fat piled on each other when sitting. This happened several weeks later in my pregnancy with Noah, so perhaps a real bump will show up in the next week.
My next OB appointment is Thursday. I hope we can finally choose a due date. The first two ultrasounds gave different EDDs, but based on when we conceived (we're 100% sure on this, just don't know for certain if I ovulated before or after) it should be around August 25. I never thought I would be in this position, not knowing for certain when I ovulated and whatnot! So, so crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so beyond thrilled for you! Such a wonderful surprise =) Sorry you're feeling pretty crappy though...I know it's 100% worth it but I know it still sucks. I had that with my DS and it didn't let up until around 15 weeks. Hopefully yours goes away sooner than that.
ReplyDeleteThanks! It seems to be getting worse and worse, but I hope I won't need to wait til 15 weeks for it to go away!
DeleteI am so happy for you too!!! This pg has been very different for me too - a ton more nausea & food aversions & tiredness! It has started to lessen this past week or so - - and is mostly at 12w when I let myself go too long without eating!! Hope you feel better soon! Hope your appt on Thursday goes well and you have an official due date!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Leslie! You should do an update soon, would love to read it!
DeleteSquee! This is such a happy post! xxx
ReplyDelete:) I hope you and the twinks are doing well!
DeleteCongrats! This is so exciting and gives me hope that my body might just cooperate and do what its supposed to the second time around!
ReplyDelete