Monday, May 12, 2014

25 Weeks

On Thursday I had my 24 week appointment. Everything continues to look good. Baby had a strong heartbeat and was moving around plenty. What I was not expecting was the glucose tolerance test. My appointment was at 2:30pm, so I had eaten lunch not too long before and had an almond poppy seed muffin and small Butterfinger bar as dessert. When the medical assistant asked if I was ready for the glucola, I explained that I had no idea I was taking it and hadn't fasted or anything. She explained that they don't ask pregnant women to fast and that it would be fine. Miraculously, not only did I pass but my result was even lower than when I was pregnant with Noah. Phew! They also checked my thyroid level and while it's still in the acceptable range, it makes me nervous because the level dropped from 1-point-something to 0.6. I hope it stays put. I was also given the go ahead to travel through 36 weeks, so it's time to plan our trip back to Minnesota for the summer. I cannot wait to float in the lake at my parents' cabin and lounge by the pool at my in-laws' country club. It sounds glorious!

How Far Along: 25w1d

How Big Is Baby: Food comparisons include a head of cauliflower and a rutabaga. Length and weight estimates are 13.5” and 1.5 pounds.

Sex: I still tend to think we’re having a boy. The nurse at my appointment was saying “she” but I don’t think it was intentional.

Symptoms: I might finally be developing the linea nigra. I have no idea when it appeared with Noah, but I don’t feel like it took this long. I still have plenty of braxton hicks contractions, sciatic nerve pain, and occasional heartburn. Some days it also feels like baby is riding incredibly low and could fall out at any moment. Oh how I wish s/he would move up!

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing in particular comes to mind, but I often crave chocolate or other sweets.

Belly Button: Poking out nicely. I wish mine stayed flat, because I always feel self-conscious when you can see it through clothing.

Sleep: I am amazed at my ability to sleep through the night. No hip pain, no overnight trips to the bathroom. Trust me, I am enjoying it while I can!

Stretch Marks: Nope.

Weight Gain: At my OB appointment on Thursday I weighed in at 123.4. That makes for a 14 pound weight gain through 24.5 weeks.

Maternity Clothes: Exclusively. Non-maternity shirts are pretty much too small now.

Movement: Oh yes, this little one has gotten much more active. Sometimes I wish s/he would settle down a little. But this continues to be my absolute favorite part of pregnancy!

What I Miss: I still wish I could pick Noah up and cuddle him. I can’t wait to be able to hold him again!

What I’m Looking Forward To: I am seriously looking forward to Friday! I have 9 IEP meetings this week to prepare for, and after Friday I will only have one left for the year. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Best Moment This Week: Passing the glucose tolerance test with flying colors!

Milestones: One week closer!

The Bump:
I need to stop taking pictures on Monday nights. I look increasingly more exhausted!

2 comments:

  1. Stop it, you look great! Happy to hear about the GD test =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything looks good with your little one!! And you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete