Monday, May 26, 2014

27 Weeks - Third Trimester!


Ok, time seriously flies the second time around! How can I possibly already be into the third tri? Amazing! It seems so fitting that I started the third trimester over Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer. I have always wanted to be pregnant through the summer. Most people would probably find that crazy, but I have always thought that summer maternity wear is so cute, and to not have to work and just enjoy every moment (and rest) sounds awesome! Two more weeks of work, and then I can relax! We had a fairly quiet weekend, despite it being a three-day weekend. The weather up here in the foothills was not great, but we did enjoy some time in Denver today. Noah picked out a new hat for the summer, and then we met a friend for some gelato at the coffee shop she and her husband own. Yum! I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend as well. Thank you to all of those who serve(d) our country!

The new hat!
How Far Along: 27w1d

How Big Is Baby: According to BabyCenter, baby weighs around 2 pounds, is about 14.5 inches from head to toe, and is about the size of a head of cauliflower.

Sex: Team Green til the end, but I almost always refer to baby as a he.

Symptoms: The linea nigra is darkening ever so slowly. I still feel like it’s lighter and less obvious than with Noah by this point. I have also seen some swelling in my ankles off and on, usually worse on the left side. It seems like the more supportive my shoes, the less swelling I see. The other thing I have started to notice is waking up with tingly hands in the morning. I think it happens more often when I wake up on my right side. I don’t remember this ever happening with Noah.

Food Cravings/Aversions: I could live off of ice cream. I think about it way too often. A new ice cream shop is supposed to open up in our town this week, and I am so excited about it. It’s kind of pathetic.

Belly Button: I think it’s poking out more and more.

Sleep: I am so lucky in this department so far! Other than the tingly hands, I am sleeping like a rock.

Stretch Marks: Nope.

Weight Gain: No idea.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, always. I am looking forward to wearing the dresses I have bought once school is out. The amount of cleavage or shoulder I would be exposing with them is not work appropriate. (The dresses are not obscene by any means, but I think cleavage of any sort is not very appropriate in a school.)

Movement: Baby has been a little more active recently. He’s gotta be getting bigger, because I’ve started to feel him pushing up against my ribs already. It’s such a weird but amazing feeling.

What I Miss: Again, easily being able to pick up Noah, especially when he’s upset about something and asks me to. It’s also getting hard to maneuver the laundry basket.

What I’m Looking Forward To: The end of the school year. Nine more days!!

Best Moment This Week: The three-day weekend. Duh.

Milestones: Third Trimester! 13 weeks to go!

The Bump:

Ok, I think I'm getting bigger again.

1 comment:

  1. WOO-HOO for 3T!!! You look great and it's wonderful that you are sleeping well. Hope those last 9 days of school fly by and you get some good R&R in before LO's arrival =)

    ReplyDelete