It's our little friend Max's 1st Birthday today! I remember going to visit him in the hospital a year ago today, at the peak of our naive "trying" phase. Our friends were assuring us, "it will happen for you soon!" One year later, they're finally right. :)
This week I had my first OB appointment. I liked the nurse, although her sappy, "oh, it's so cuuute" voice during the ultrasound was a bit much for me. I won't actually meet my doctor until Nov. 5th, but I did talk the nurse into letting me have another appointment in three weeks. She realized that I've been a bit spoiled with my other clinic and might actually die if I had to wait 7 weeks to see anyone again. The appointment itself was pretty uneventful. Four computer screens full of health history questions took about 30 minutes to get through. And then, ultrasound! Baby measured 9w4d, one day ahead of schedule. Their machine wasn't capable of hearing the heart beat, but it sure looked to be beating fast and strong. I saw little arms and legs, and a little wiggling here and there. Adorable! I'm dying to announce everything to my principals and coworkers, but I'm trying to hold out until week 12. I've been trying to talk myself out of constantly worrying and trying to enjoy this more. I started paging through pregnancy magazines last night and it got me all excited. I can't wait for registering and actually picking out stuff for this little baby!! And 7 months from today, s/he should be making his/her entrance!
Oh, and I had my second gender dream, and the score is: Boy - 2, Girl - 0.
9w3d

You are almost at the end of the first trimester! Egads.
ReplyDeleteLike JB said you are almost there and ready to tell the world. Nice u/s pic.
ReplyDeleteYay for another appointment, this waiting sucks! More the u/s merrier it is! :P Great to know everything is progressing well!
ReplyDeleteIt's so much fun to peek inside and see what baby is doing, isn't it? Even "resting," they're so darned adorable! Good job on snagging an extra appointment- we all know how reassuring it can be, which MUST be healthier for baby, right? Congratulations, and here's to healthy babies next Spring!
ReplyDelete