Monday, October 26, 2009

15w0d

Last week I was struggling with a cold. I ended up falling asleep by 7:00pm last Monday, and when I woke up I felt tons better. I did have a nasty bloody nose on Tuesday, but by the end of the day I was fully recovered from all of it. That's the fastest I think I've ever gotten over something!

We've been keeping busy on the baby front. Over the weekend we painted the nursery. It's a bright, light green color called "Spirit Whisper." Where do they come up with these names? That's the least descriptive title I've ever heard. And how do I get that job? What a cake walk. Our crib and dresser are being delivered on Wednesday, supposedly. I'm excited to finally have a place to put the baby clothes we've received as gifts already. It's still crazy to me every time a package shows up in the mail. It's like, wait a minute. Oh my god! This is really happening! The other night I stayed up and watched 9 Months on HBO. It's an old movie starring Hugh Grant and Julianne Moore where they accidentally get pregnant (I'll never understand how people do that...). When it came to the delivery scene, it totally struck me. Holy shit. I am having a baby. Sometimes it feels like we're still in the infertility process. Follicle counts, check. Retrieval and transfer, check. Ultrasounds, check. It's just one long journey of hurry up and wait. Except at the end of this part of the process, we really will have a baby. It's hard to put it into words I guess, so if that makes no sense, I apologize.

This week my school district gets a fall break, which means no work Wednesday-Friday. I'm beyond thrilled! My plan is to finally drag myself to a maternity clothing store. I'm sick of the Be Band because it never stays in place, and I can't deny anymore that my cups runneth over (translation: I need new bras). I loathe shopping in general, and maternity wear sounds especially irritating to shop for. Wish me luck!

15 week update:
Current cravings: Someone mentioned Dairy Queen the other day, and it's been on my mind ever since
Current energy level: I can stay up past 9:00 again!
Current appetite: No problems there
Current mood: Excited for a break!
Current weight: ??
Baby movement: nada

In case I don't post again til next week, Happy Halloween everybody!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to be getting the furniture! You are gonna have some fun time during the break! :)

    ReplyDelete