Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feeling Paranoid

I hope tomorrow I can look back at this and laugh at myself, but today I feel super paranoid that I've had a missed miscarriage. There's no reason to assume this, though at the same time there are no telltale signs or symptoms when it happens. It just comes as a shock at an appointment. When I woke up this morning I noticed how incredibly flat my tummy looked again. More flat than it's been in a while. By 12 weeks, I thought I would have more to show for it physically (especially since everything I read says underweight women tend to show earlier). Last night I had burning cramps for about one minute, which have not returned. I've felt a lot of little twinges and pains today. It's been a while since I've felt them like this. It all adds up to making me uneasy. Luckily I'll have some answers tomorrow afternoon. If I don't go crazy first...

5 comments:

  1. You have an apt tomorrow? I hope it all goes well! I went to the Dr. today. I've lost a few pounds lately (I don't know how...I eat!). So, maybe you've just lost a pound or two? Or, some of your bulge earlier was probably bloat. Some days I am bigger than others. The OB told me today that even without the bleeding I've been experiencing, some cramping is definitely normal. :) I'm sure everything is going well and I hope you get your answers soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure all is well but I am glad that you don't have to waitr long to ease your mind. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you are heading to the doctor tomorrow so you don't have to worry. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gonna be OK....pregnancy is full of weird feelings and IF makes us paranoid about every sneeze...will be thinking of you until you get reassuring news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at your appointment. I am sure everything is just fine. But JB is right, IF makes us crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete