Monday, October 12, 2009

Hello 2nd Trimester! (13w0d)

I can't even believe it! How did I get here? And how has it gone so fast already? When we were stuck in the midst of infertility, time just crawled. Now it's just flying! I am so, so, so thankful to have made it this far!!!!

So in addition to our crib, we ordered our bedding. I know I'm not interested in making everything gender specific, so we went with something that we thought was adorable. I mean really, is an infant even going to remember their nursery? We're the ones who should enjoy it! Once we get the bedding, we'll pick our wall color and finally paint over the hideous purple color that came with the house. I can't wait to start getting it all together!

As for me, my body is changing, all be it slowly. I can tell my belly button is less deep than it used to be, and I've sprouted this lovely patch of dark fuzzy hair all around it. The other day a coworker of mine actually lifted up my shirt to look at me. It was totally unexpected, and seriously unappreciated. No one needs to see my furry belly!!!! How embarrassing! My clothes are starting to feel more clingy, and pants are getting tighter and tighter. I can still button them, but it puts a lot of uncomfortable pressure on my abdomen so I've gotten a lot of use out of the Be Bands already. I complained to the nurse last week that I want to be bigger. She explained how my abs are still fighting a good fight and the baby is still small, yada yada yada. Then she told my husband he should make me put that statement in writing and have me sign and date it. I'm sure I'll eat those words in a few months. (But I do wish I was bigger. Go ahead, call me crazy!)

13 week update:
Current cravings: Everything sounds delicious minus Mexican food.
Current energy level: Slightly less tired
Current appetite: Out of control!!
Current mood: Thrilled!
Current weight: 114 (officially 113.6 at the OB on 10/8)
Nausea?: Nope

12w6d

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I also see a ticker on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, they're is the tiniest of little bumps there! I can't believe you are already in the 2nd trimester! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a woman that ways 114 pounds would be brave enough to post her weight on her blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will not be posting belly pics or weights when my day comes. ;) You are skinny enough to get away with it! But for that growing little baby bump...

    ReplyDelete