Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Is That You?

I've found myself extremely distracted lately. All the books I've been reading say that baby movement is often first noticed sometime between 16-18 weeks, with many women not really realizing it until 20 weeks or so. So every time I feel a little rumble or bubble burst sensation, or sometimes what feels like something somersaulting, I can't help but wonder... is that you in there?? In a meeting today I realized I was totally in another world wondering if my tummy sensations were kicks or digestion. And after I walked Gilbert I felt a few very noticeable twitches in my lower abdomen. I can't wait until it's obvious to me!

Tomorrow is my 16 week check-up, and the first time I'll meet my actual OB and not just a nurse practitioner. I think it's also the first time I'm excited for an appointment instead of nervous and worried. Now that my belly is popping out more and more, it's very reassuring to me that baby MUST be growing! And today I even had my first, "Um... are you...???" She looked very relieved that she wasn't mistaken when I told her yes. (I should have said no and acted offended, just for a second, but maybe that would have been mean.) I hope I get an ultrasound tomorrow. I can't imagine how much different s/he looks now!

1 comment: