Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I must look especially large today, because all of the kids were commenting about my belly. This morning it started with a classroom aide stating that I "popped." Then this adorable little kindergarden girl pipes up and questions, "You have a baby in there?!" She just kept staring at me, mostly in what looked like disgust. Later on I was holding my anger management group with two rambunctious 3rd grade boys. As I was bringing them back to class, one of them commented, "Miss, you look pregnant." Um, yes sweetie, I am. The other boy contributed this gem: "Pregnant women are always grumpy." From the mouths of babes. They seriously crack me up.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder...aren't you pregnant teachers, school counselors, etc. scared poopless that a little kid will ask THE question and put you on the spot -- what if their parents haven't had THE talk with them? Terrifying! Personally, I would play dumb and say I don't know how the baby got there. Or be technically honest and mysterious at the same time and say a baby doctor put it there. ;)

    ReplyDelete