Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thoughts on 2009

I wanted to take a minute to reflect on what a year 2009 has been, but first I'll update on my unplanned OB appointment this morning. For the last few days I've been feeling weird pressure in weird places, so I called the OB yesterday and they had me make a last-second appointment for this morning. Everything was good, and the nurse explained that as my uterus grows larger and moves further up and out of my abdomen I will experience more and more unusual aches and pains. The nurse also did a quick cervix check, and she described it as "long, long, long, and closed." I like the sound of that. So my mind is back at ease and 2009 can continue to end on a high note.

I have mixed feelings about this year. January through May were probably the worst 5 consecutive months of my life, and of our marriage. If someone told me in April that we would still be married and expecting a little baby boy one year from then, I would have been relieved and thrilled... and I am!! I would never want to give up the time from July until now, as I have loved every minute of being pregnant. So overall, 2009 was a rollercoaster of great highs and the lowest of lows. I'm ready for the new year, and excited for all that it will bring us (especially holding our baby boy and 4 months of summer vacation thanks to good timing on our part)!

Here's hoping that 2010 is a wonderful new year for you as well, and if you're still stuck on the IF rollercoaster (from hell), I hope it's a FERTILE year, too!!!

3 comments:

  1. Cheers to that. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heres being thankful that your 2009 ended on a high! Excited for 2010 and watching you become a mommy with your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete