I also had the glucose test today. I've always had a sweet tooth, so I didn't really mind how sugary the drink was, although I probably wouldn't drink something like that for fun. The rest of the appointment was very quick. We heard his heartbeat which was in the 140s, and measured my size. Everything is right on track. My weight gain is good and still very steady. Since September I have gained 18 pounds, so I'm now up to 128.8. I've been gaining about a pound per week on the nose. The doctor warned that weight gain can get out of control in the third tri, but I'm not worried at this point. My next appointment will be a 32 week u/s to check my placenta and the little guy's kidneys. Hopefully both issues have resolved! I really don't want to have to schedule a c-section!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Ouch!
Holy crap! Nobody warned me how big the RhoGAM needle was going to be! The nurse asked me to turn on my side so she could pinch some fat on my lower waist. While I laid there, I asked Brian if the needle looked better or worse than my IVF needles. He kind of shrugged and said, "Better." I didn't buy it, but appreciated his effort to not freak me out. Um, yeah. That needle was freakin' huge! I did a whole body jerk when she jabbed it in. After it was over she showed me the needle. It looked a lot like the PIO needles that some of you other bloggers have posted pictures of. Boy am I glad I didn't have to do those!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, you lucky Endometrin girls....I get a 22-g needle loaded with PIO to the arse every night...for 4.5 more weeks (hopefully!). *sigh*
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! I got my shot in the arm and never looked at the needle. I didn't feel a thing. I'm sorry yours was so horrible. At least it's over with.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny- no one mentioned my placenta at my u/s this week. Not that it's been an issue, but the tech didn't even look at it as far as I could tell. I'll have to ask at my next appt.
Just a few more weeks and you'll be seeing your doc every two weeks. Then time starts to really FLY. We'll be moms soon!!
I am glad that injection is just a one time deal... I remember the PIO shots... they could be as light as ever imagined... or sometimes a real pain in the ass... but i guess its all worth it!
ReplyDelete