Different books and websites say different things, but at least three sources say Trimester 3 starts today and I'm going with it! I am so excited to be here! I can't believe we're in the final stage of pregnancy. Some days it feels like it's crawling, but then today when I reflect back, it's hard to believe we're within three months of meeting our son. And in less than three months, I will be done with work until August. It can't come fast enough! I'm going to put in for my last day to be April 9. It's a good feeling to have decided, and now I can start counting the days. :)
We have lots left to do to prepare. We still need to sign up for a breastfeeding class. The nursery needs decorations, lighting, and window treatments, and we need a lot more random supplies before baby gets here. My only shower prior to him being born is set for March 21, and I'm not anticipating getting a lot off the registry. I don't have a large group of friends, and all of my family lives in MN. Since I've banned travel, there's no hope of a family and friends shower with MN people, so I have just the one shower to count on. In the summer we plan to go back to MN in June or July, and my mom is going to plan a shower then. It will still help since I know you can never have enough, before OR after the baby is here. In the meantime, my dad gave us a generous gift card to BabiesRUs, so hopefully that will help in the beginning. And my mom and her best friend are planning a Bad Girls Road Trip out here over our spring break in late March to help with last minute preparations. I'm already looking forward to it! (Even if I won't be able to indulge in margaritas with them.)
27 week update:
Current cravings: I have an unhealthy Runts addiction right now.
Current mood: Excited and content
Current appetite: Good
Current energy level: I'm enjoying having energy while it lasts. I'm sure it will decrease soon.
Baby movement: Still quite active, and I love it!
Contractions: I think I've definitely experienced some Braxton-Hicks. Every once in a while, it feels like he balls himself up on one side of my belly button and my tummy gets very firm. It lasts for no more than 15 seconds and then goes away. It always makes me laugh a little because I get the craziest lopsided bump when it happens.
Oh yeah, and SKOL VIKINGS!!! Who dat say they gonna beat dem saints??? MINNESOTA BABY!!!!!


Lisa's mom said:
ReplyDeleteHoney, I said it was an OLD Girl's Road Trip.
:-)
Super exciting. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteGo Brett! Whoot! I can't believe you are hitting the 3rd tri already! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOK, have you heard Prince's Vikings song? I wanted it to be all kinds of awesome, because he's Prince, but I don't know....
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on making it to the home stretch...huzzah!