Monday, February 22, 2010

Awarded


I received this award from B. at
no news isn't always good news. She's a few weeks ahead of me and I can't wait to find out what gender her little miracle is! So Thank You B. for the award!

Apparently there are rules that go along with it, so here they are:
1) Thank the person(s) who nominated you for this award

2) Copy the award and place it in your blog
3) Link to the person(s) who nominated you for this award

4) Tell us 7 interesting things about you

5) Nominate 7 bloggers and link to their blogs

Ugh. I suck at random facts. I need questions to prompt me...

1. I foolishly took German in high school because we hosted a German exchange student while I was in Junior High. It's been completely useless to me as an adult. However, if I hadn't taken German, I wouldn't have met and married Brian, I probably wouldn't live in Colorado, and I definitely wouldn't be pregnant with this little miracle baby. Amazing how one decision made as a teenager can shape so much of your life.

2. I have a weird obsession with palindromes and patterns, and I really like symmetry. I also like to count the number of letters in short sentences, slogans, or phrases, and find out common denominators. Then I reread the sentence/slogan/phrase by breaking it into small chunks. For example, in the sentence "I suck at random facts" there are 18 letters. So I can break it into 6 chunks of three letters each: "Isu cka tra ndo mfa cts." Why yes, I do have OCD tendencies. But nothing full blown.

3. When I was 18, I fractured my C6 vertebra learning to swing dance with Brian. I had to wear a neck brace for the first 3 months of my senior year of high school. It was awesome... (At the time he said, "You break it, you buy it." I guess I held him to that. And no, I don't swing dance anymore.)

4. In 5th grade I won the school spelling bee. At regionals I was the first out. My word was "acquire." I wrote it down correctly, but was so damn nervous that when I read it out loud, I went too fast and only said "a-c-u-i-r-e." I could've won that damn contest! To this day, spelling errors drive me nuts!

5. I like classic muscle cars. If I could pick one, I would go with a '69 Camaro. I find it highly sexy. And in my opinion, '69 was the best year for them.

6. My thumbs do not match. At all. One is short and stumpy, and the other is long and thin. My toes don't really match well either. For someone who likes symmetry, this is ironic.

7. Up until I completed my practicum at an elementary school, I didn't think I wanted kids. I am the youngest cousin on my mom's side, and the third youngest on my dad's. I was never around babies or little kids and I never babysat. Babies used to completely freak me out. I would never hold someone's baby if offered the chance. I was sure I would do something wrong and look like a total idiot. But being around kindergartners converted me. And now I love holding little babies and I CAN'T WAIT to hold my own son. SOON!!!

It seems like everyone I follow has already received this award. Here's a couple other ladies whose blogs I have really enjoyed over the last 8 months. (If they choose not to pass this on, I won't be offended. And if they already received it and I didn't know, oh well.)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I did not know about #2 or #5. But anything good about you, I'll claim, and anything bad is your dad's fault. So now everyone also knows why you went into psychology! Oh, wait. Does your dad read this blog?

    ReplyDelete