This is the first time I'll turn 30 this year, but I'm pretty sure 30 weeks pregnant feels a little more exciting than 30 years old.
I was Mrs. CrabbyPants all weekend. I felt lethargic and unmotivated to do anything. It was not fun. I'm not sure what caused it. Brian is guessing hormones. I think part of it is that baby has been kicking the bajeezus out of my cervix lately which makes me physically uncomfortable and a little nervous. Knowing that my placenta was low back in December, I worry that I'll end up with placenta previa and one of his kicks is gonna wreak havoc on everything. I'll be so glad to have my next ultrasound at 33 weeks. I've also had more Braxton-Hicks recently and sometimes it actually does feel a little uncomfortable, whereas before I didn't feel any cramping at all. All I can do is take it one day at a time, and each day gets us just a little closer! (Speaking of, only 37 days of work left!! Hurray!)
30 week update:
Current cravings: Haagen Dazs Chocolate ice cream
Current mood: A little irritable, but improving
Current appetite: Getting hungrier again
Current energy level: Bed time is getting earlier
Baby movement: Still a lot of hiccups and rolling around
Contractions: I had a lot over the weekend. Not as many today, thankfully.
Every week I don't feel like I look any bigger. Then Brian takes my picture and I'm like, "Whoah." Okay, still growing.

Lisa's Mom says:
ReplyDeleteWhen I was pregnant with YOU, you always kicked low. I thought if I looked down, I'd see a foot sticking out! It is unsettling, but I'm sure everything is fine. I guess you'll know more in three weeks! Can't wait to see you in person this coming weekend. Pictures are good, but I want to hug you (and the baby!) XOX
You have the perfect belly! Love it! Happy 30! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the bump. So Cute. Sorry you are feeling less than awesome! Don't worry about the cervix though...lots of people experience it. I wouldn't worry about placenta previa at all. The placenta would actually need to be covering the cervix in order for that to happen and chances are you would have already experienced bleeding in your 2nd trimester.
ReplyDeleteYour little guy just likes to abuse you!
Hang in there! You're in the home stretch now. I'm sure if placenta previa were a possible issue, your doc would have been checking for it all along, but you're right- the next u/s will set your mind at ease. I envy you your cravings.
ReplyDeleteBe well!