What a relief to be back at work! (Words I thought I would never speak or type!!!) It's so nice checking more and more off of my to-do list. I thought I might get more and more stressed each day, but I feel very relaxed after today. Things just might get done! Phew.
Breastfeeding class was ok. They spent too much time talking about the benefits of it (if we weren't already on board to give this a try, we wouldn't have spent the money on this class), but the other info was pretty helpful. There were an awful lot of video clips, and afterwards Brian complained that the class "ruined boobs" for him. Now they are "gross." Yeah... just imagine how a lot of women feel about boy parts...
We had a nice Easter. I had my worst bout of insomnia following an EARLY am bathroom trip, so I finally gave up and got a snack and drink and laid on the couch. I finally fell back asleep and woke up again when Brian came downstairs. A few minutes later I got up to use the bathroom again, and noticed a small plastic egg hidden in a fake plant. At first I thought maybe my mom had hidden some eggs before she left, or left some for Brian to hide. But I quickly realized that Brian had purchased and hidden them all on his own. (Poor guy gets no credit!) It was so sweet and thoughtful of him. I searched the whole house and also discovered an Easter basket filled with my favorite candies during this pregnancy. It made me cry. So cute! Later on, a friend from grad school invited us over for dinner since we're all transplants here away from family. It was a fun evening. Next year will be fun, when we can dress up our little guy like a bunny (or something equally embarrassing to show future girlfriends... now that's thinking ahead!).
38 week update:
Current cravings: I had a craving for steak Saturday night. Yum!
Current mood: Eager and filled with anticipation!
Current appetite: Normal
Current energy level: I've been getting super tired super easily
Baby movement: He was a total wild man this morning. I really thought I was going to scare children with my thrashing belly. Luckily he settled down.
Contractions: They might be getting a little stronger and longer, but no more frequent. (Hold on til Friday, Baby!)
Full-term baby bump :)

Whoa! You look much "fuller" than you did in your picture from two weeks ago. Stay calm these last weeks. Can't wait for you to have this baby. Can't waaaaaaiiiiitttttt. :-)
ReplyDeleteAwesome belly - makes me miss mine!
ReplyDeleteOK - Tom's work schedule is now such that he can't take off the week we were looking at to visit, so I need your (our) little guy to be either early or late. Let's see, which one would you choose?
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled across your blog, and you look fantastic!!! I'm trying to convince my belly to look like yours in 18 more weeks. We'll see if it cooperates. Congrats on your baby that is soon to arrive. Hope you have an easy delivery!
ReplyDelete