I feel a lot better physically today. I figured I lost a little weight after barely eating in 36 hours, but wasn't expecting 5 pounds! Today I weighed 134.9. Yikes! Better go get some Chubby Hubby! Baby seems just fine though, still moving a lot, and a heartbeat in the 130s. Glad he didn't have to feel my pain!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
39 Week Appointment
According to my doctor, the nurse tends to be a little more generous with her figures than he is. He estimated I'm about 1.5 cm dilated, 60% effaced, and baby is at -3 station. So not as dilated and definitely not as low as previously guessed. The doctor also made a guess on size today. He said I definitely don't have a big baby cooking, and we'll probably see him weigh somewhere around 7 pounds at birth. Can I get that in writing please? I predicted weeks ago that baby would arrive on the 16th (weighing 7lbs, 1 oz, 20.5in), but I'm feeling less hopeful after today. That's ok though. I'm in no real rush now that I'm on leave. It's kind of nice to relax and enjoy some alone time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad you are feeling better. I was thinking about you last night (before I knew you hadn't delivered). All i could think was "how horrible to feel so sick at such a happy time." Actually what I was thinking is how horrible to have something coming out of both "places."
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for your little man's arrival! Looking forward to seeing pictures.
You are so close!!! I am so excited for you... wishing you the very best!
ReplyDeleteYou could still be right with your birth guesses - things can change quickly (just not for me!)
ReplyDelete