Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Waiting

It was confirmed that my water definitely broke. No contractions yet, so I'll probably have Pitocin started in 2 hours to get labor going. Apparently when your water breaks before labor starts, there's a risk of infection to mom and baby so they only let you wait so long. It's hard to believe the day is here! I was getting so discouraged.

My mom and stepdad had talked about driving out, but instead they are boarding a plane as I type. They should be here shortly after the Pitocin starts. It will be nice to have some extra support!

Brian was just starting 1st period when I called him. Some of his students ran to the office and had them make an announcement to the whole school. It's like something out of a movie, too funny.

We're excited and ready to meet our son! I promise pictures soon after we return home.

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you. Can't wait!! Hope all goes smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the birthing! Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and a safe and speedy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Can't wait to see the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how are things coming along? After that first update, you've got me craving more!
    Hope you're holding a healthy baby very very soon!

    ReplyDelete