Spring break has been very relaxing. I was able to let go of the work stress, and realized that whenever baby comes, he comes. Someone else will take care of the mess left behind if it comes to that. I can't control mother nature! (Although I'm still really hoping he'll stick around until Friday so I can leave work on my own terms, knowing I did all I could.) My mom came on Sunday afternoon and spent a few days hanging out and cooking meals to freeze for us. It's hard to believe that the next time I see her, I'll be a mom too! Gilbert got a haircut this week as well, so he's looking his best for his baby brother's impending arrival. Poor little guy's whole world is about to get turned upside down! Yesterday Brian and I did some last minute shopping to get my "go bag" all ready. Now it just needs to be packed.
Today we have a breastfeeding class lined up, and I'm stopping by to see a friend who is going to loan me some of her old maternity clothing. I complained to Facebook yesterday that nothing fits anymore (I know, I know... it's kind of a sin to complain about pregnancy on Facebook in the IF world, but whatever. I was grumpy.), and she sent me a message asking if I wanted to borrow anything. How sweet! I also found out yesterday that one of my friends is pregnant and due in October. She was going to tell me at my shower, but she was afraid she would steal my thunder. As if! I may have been able to figure it out if I was paying any attention, but I guess I was too distracted to notice that she wasn't drinking her champagne. :)
Have a Happy Easter!

Yup. Now you just have to remember this next week when the stress begins to build. Once you go into labor, you'll think, "Work? I have a job? I'M HAVING A BABY! GET OUT OF MY WAY!" All will be well. Everyone at work understands and will deal. :-)
ReplyDeleteHope your little guy doesn't keep you waiting as long as my little girl did to me!
ReplyDeleteThough I did like being able to finish out work on my own terms.
Good luck!
Any day now!! Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteWow, 16 days to go! That's so exciting girl!
ReplyDelete