The drive here was not so fun. We had to stop every 2-3 hours to feed and change the little man. I can't express how much I hate feeding him in the car! I feel rushed and uncomfortable, and it's just awkward. And the changing stations we encountered... eesh. The first changing table at the McDonalds in Fort Morgan, CO had GRAFFITI on it. No joke. Nasty. Apparently rural gangsta mommas have to tag their changing tables so rival bitches don't use them? The next place we stopped at didn't even have a table, so we changed him in the front seat. Poor little guy was upside down and slipping down the seat the whole time. He was practically doing a headstand. We ended up stopping in Des Moines, IA at a motel to sleep (took us about 14 hours to get there). Both Noah and Gilbert did an excellent job sleeping. I was so proud. But I am already dreading the trip back. Road tripping with an infant is not easy! Next time we're flying. I've learned my lesson.
We're currently at my parents cabin near Battle Lake, MN. It's so nice to see real lakes, and not a reservoir that everyone calls a "lake." Please Colorado, you're not fooling this Minnesota girl. Oh yeah, we're moving back someday. Mosquitos or no, this is home. And a baby needs his grandparents. :)

Our First Family Trip to East Battle Lake


I'll tell my doctor to cancel the Prozac subscription then? (Don't toy with me, Little Girl.) ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat Grandma Cheri said... I second the motion!
ReplyDeleteSleeping so long already? Lucky you! Cute pic!
ReplyDelete