Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day Care and Milestones

We finally got day care set up. We decided to go with a home-based day care in our town. I wish there was a way we could avoid it, but it's not financially possible for us. Boo. I already want to cry my eyes out, and I still have over a month left before I go back to work. Time to buy lottery tickets. My mom is going to come out in August for our first week back to work to watch Noah. I think that might help with the transition. No matter what though, it is going to suck. Big time.

Noah is eleven weeks and one day. Today's milestone? He giggled when I tickled him. Not a full belly laugh, but more like delighted squeals. My heart melted. Then the poor kid got the hiccups. :)

He also has started reaching for things. He has a playmat for the floor, and a bee hangs down and plays music when he hits it. A few weeks ago he would just lie there and look at things. Now he bats at the bee and tries to grab it. It's amazing how fast he's suddenly gaining new skills! We've been trying to fit in more tummy time to work on pushing himself up, and eventually rolling over. He also has way more head control these days. When I hold him he likes to arch his back and look around. He often gets tired or just plain loses control and lays his head back down on me, (I love those cuddles) so he still has a ways to go. We bought a seat for him so that he can sit up just as soon as he has his head control mastered. At the rate he's changing, I'm guessing he'll be using it soon.

One other thing. The last few days, I have been spotting a little. I thought it was the return of AF (which had me pretty ticked since I've read that most exclusively breastfeeding moms don't get it back until they start weaning), but so far nothing more than spotting. Has anyone else experienced this?

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, the day care debate. I will have to use day care as well and I've already heard a few sniveling remarks from some family members about how "unfortunate" that is. Like me staying home and cutting our income nearly in half would be waaaaaay better. Luckily I have plenty of friends who use day care and they reassure me that everyone comes out of it just fine. :) In fact, it can apparently help get baby on a schedule to some degree and keep them awake more during the day, so they sleep better at night. Who wouldn't love that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would both have to work as well. It's tough to think about and I don't even have a child, so I can only imagine what you are going through. Glad the little one is doing good. I bet you just love those laughs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had the baby yet, so I don't have any comments to make about AF and breastfeeding, but I'm sure curious about the subject.

    You make me so excited to meet my little person and watch his/her development over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the middle of trying to work out a daycare solution, too. Right now, I'm leaning towards a center that's directly across the street from my office, so I can go feed little-C a couple of times each day. And so that if anything ever happens and she needs me, I can be there in under a minute. I won't find out until around 8/1 if we get a slot for this September, though, and I don't yet have a back-up plan.

    As for AF... All signs indicate that I ovulated last week, so I'm expecting my first post-baby AF to start in a week or so. I'm on the look-out for extreme moodiness, but haven't felt any PMS symptoms yet. Everyone I've asked has said every woman is different. That doesn't help at all.

    ReplyDelete