Over the weekend I emailed my nurse to see what the story was. She called me back yesterday to discuss our plan moving forward. They told me to take the Provera for just 7 days instead of 10, then call on CD1. I will start BCPs on cycle day 5 and have an u/s between days 5-12. If the u/s looks clear, we will continue on with an early September transfer. If they still see an issue, we will do another hysteroscopy and go from there. I will also reduce the number of estradiol patches since my lining was quite thick. When I had my ultrasound back in May the sonographer mentioned that I had incredible blood flow into my uterus, and I have had extremely heavy periods since Noah was born, so this doesn't surprise me. I'm glad that the doctor seems to be paying a little more attention and tailoring things a little more specifically to me and my body. However, I still have a slight lack of confidence right now. When I asked the nurse what they saw on the ultrasound, she said it was probably a polyp. I have a hard time believing that. I have never had any known issue with my reproductive system, and just 2 months ago my hysteroscopy showed a "perfect" uterus. Of course, in the meantime I had a chemical pregnancy which ended at 5w0d, so who knows. Maybe things got all messed up. The nurse also acknowledged that the whole thing could have been chalked up to a "bad image." She told me that they have the utmost faith in their sonography team, but that it is a possibility. That really bothers me. If it could be a "bad image," I feel like they should've brought me back in to have someone else re-wand me and see if they came up with the same result. It would be a real shame if we canceled due to someone's mistake.
It feels good to have a plan again. I am a planner, and I feel very anxious and out of control when I don't know when something important is supposed to happen. I already realize though that this new plan may not work out. We will be in MN for most of the rest of this month (the one silver lining, we now have more time to go home and I can drink my mom's margaritas!), so it's possible I could miss the whole 5-12 day u/s window. It's not even an option in my mind to rearrange our trip again, so if we miss it, oh well. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to give my body a break from all of these hormones for a month. Though of course I hope we make it back in time. I have been wanting this for so long!
By the way, thanks to everyone for the supportive comments!
P.S. Quick cute story from tonight. Noah was resistant to joining me in his room for bedtime stories. I left him on our bed and went to his room. I sat in his chair and began reading loud enough so he could hear me in our room. He didn't budge. When I finished the first book, I heard him say, "More books!" (He always says this after each book.) I started laughing, then told him if he wanted more books he had to come join me. He called back, "I laying down!" At this point I got up and peeked into my bedroom. Sure enough, he was lying there on the bed smiling his devilish smile and looking very content. I asked him again if he wanted to read with mommy in the chair, and he scooted off the bed and joined me. He is too funny sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's a cute story! :) Vacation plans in conjunction with cycles = PITA! I hope it works out though. Could you get wanded while down in MN? I'm glad your doctor's office is responding to you. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree that if it could have been a bad image then they SHOULD have had you come back in. Unfortunately, what's done is done now... hopefully this next cycle will go a lot more smoothly! And if not, then the next one! I know whichever cycle you end up getting pregnant on will be the right timing and bring you the right baby:)
ReplyDeleteThat's a hilarious Noah story!
I came over from Lauren's page because I also just had a cancelled FET. When I was reading through your story it is amazing how much we have in common...I live in CO, have a 2 year old daughter born in May of '10 and am TTC #2 by FET, had my cycle cancelled 3 days after yours and am now awaiting a plan from my RE but will likely be on the same BCP plan as you are. Crazy huh?!?!
ReplyDeleteHappy you have a plan to move forward and hopefully the 5-12 window falls just when you need it to. Your trip sounds awesome though so if it doesn't it's totally worth the trip (and margs!). Happy vacationing =)