I feel like I am officially losing my mind. My anxiety is at an all time high, and it's making my life almost unlivable. I came into this summer on the heels of the most stressful work year of my life. Just when I thought things were going to calm down and I was going to enjoy summer, I ended up with a chemical pregnancy which was confirmed the day after my last day of work. That was pretty stressful, especially because I was worried that I was going to have to wait another month for the FET that I had been looking forward to for so long. Then they said I could go ahead with it. I felt a little calmer through the month of June. I had a few skipped heart beats here and there but I chalked it up to birth control and didn't worry. Then in early July I found out we had to cancel our FET and that really upset me. I also didn't like hearing that there was something "abnormal" in my uterus and not getting to find out what that means for a while (not until next week). Since my period came earlier than they suggested it would, my window for our next FET attempt was pushed back a month because we were in Minnesota. It seems like it was after that that my skipped beats really picked up in frequency and intensity. I started to worry about them constantly. It's a vicious cycle because the more I worry, the worse they get, and on and on. Knowing that I have to restart the FET process tomorrow makes me nervous in terms of starting all the hormones that seem to have been the catalyst for my increase in anxiety. I am also dreading going back to work. Especially since at the last minute (just like last school year), they switched one of my three schools. Now instead of a new middle school with 6th graders only one day a week, I will be at a high school for juvenile delinquents one day a week. They start school crazy early in the morning and it's way far away from my house. Our daycare provider is moving further south in our town at the beginning of September, making my morning commute already a little more difficult. I really just feel like everything is too much. I've even had momentary thoughts that maybe we should just stick with Noah and end the craziness of trying to have another because I'm too much of a mess. Last night I woke up at 3:15am to an intense anxiety attack and finally caved and took some Ativan. I started looking for reassurances on the internet that I wasn't going to die or lose my mind, and came across this big list of symptoms of severe anxiety. Of the 143 symptoms listed, I have 56 of them. It made me feel better because clearly the scary thoughts and sensations I'm having are just a normal part of this, and not signs that I'm about to die. But I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I have another doctor appointment Monday morning, so I hope they can come up with a plan of attack for me. I'm miserable.
On a funny, happier sidenote, Noah is starting to get interested in his potty, but no success stories yet. This morning he told me he wanted to poop on the potty (for the record, he says this occasionally but never means it). I brought his little Sesame Street potty chair into the bathroom and opened the lid for him. I had to pee as well, so as he watched me, he slammed the lid back down on his potty and then proceeded to pee all over it. Then he looked down at his wee-wee and said proudly, "Poopy." Nice work, kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. It's a lot to deal with...:( I'm finding myself more upset about this round two kiddo as well. I've also thought about abandoning the effort which is NUTS, I know. I think I just don't want to be on the crazy rollercoaster again. Hang in there chica, it will just be a few months. Can you talk to your district about the change in schools?
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're feeling so anxious. I had a lot of anxiety (like, a LOT) back in 2008 and ended up going on Cymbalta for awhile because of it. It helped SO much. I just needed to be on it for less than 6 months, and then I was fine when I weaned myself off. Before the Cymbalta we tried treating the anxiety and extreme insomnia with clonazepam and a sedative called zopiclone. I would just take the clonazepam when I was feeling really anxious, and the zopiclone before bedtime. But it really didn't work out for me. I went to my doctor a couple of weeks later and asked him to just put me on an antidepressant, because I could handle the anxiety and insomnia anymore, and I really didn't feel like the other drugs were doing anything good for me in the long run. The Cymbalta seemed to totally even out whatever chemical imbalance was going on, though, even once I went off of it.
ReplyDeleteSometimes certain situations are just too much, and I can totally understand why your combination of circumstances is becoming too overwhelming for you. Perhaps you should ask your doctor to put you on an antidepressant (one that's safe during pregnancy). Most of them are very useful as anti-anxiety drugs, as well.
I understand feeling like you need to stop trying. I didn't even have a very stressful cycle the cycle I got pregnant with this baby; it all went really smoothly, but I had totally gotten to the point where I didn't know if I wanted to do it again the next month. It's just different, letting your thoughts and emotions get all caught up in that when you already have a child. It feels different.
I hope you feel better soon!!!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You girls are all so kind and supportive of each other. I'm so glad Lisa has this site to vent, celebrate, get advice, and share the fun of all your little miracles. I realize this is Lisa's blog, but I read it faithfully, of course, and your support (all of you) is so appreciated. As her mom, I can sympathize, but nothing replaces the advice of those who have been through it. And I've never been through this. So, from her mom, thank you all so much.
DeleteI had bad anxiety and insomnia when weaning from pumping for K, though I never had a panic attack like you did. I'm sure you're feeling much worse, and I hope they can come up with a plan to help you, whether it's CBT or medication.
ReplyDeleteI have no great advice about trying/not trying, and if it feels like it's too much right now, I wouldn't feel bad about delaying another couple months to get the anxiety under control first.
Hugs!
Big {{{HUGS}}} I am so sorry you are feeling this way. IF is enough to give anyone anxiety but to be taken over the edge into having anxiety attacks and stuff really sucks. So happy you are going to talk with someone about it. I try to remember to take the cycles day by day but when they get put off it's so hard. Do you think some of the anxiety might just be these darn hormones we're on? I know these BCPs have been making me sleep horribly and I'm so emotional and anxious. Maybe we can count down the days - like you do with an advent calendar for Christmas...now that I say that a chocolate treat each day for dealing with all this crap doesn't sound bad at all *LOL* I'm here in CO so if you want to get together and vent know that I"m here!
ReplyDelete