Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Vacation, Part 3

July 1 - July 15

The beginning of July was fairly uneventful, and let's face it, a lot disappointing. For brevity's sake, I will sum it up mostly in pictures. However, I'll start with a quick story about Noah's medical appointments. At the end of June, I noticed that Noah's testicles looked red and swollen. We brought him into the doctor and he had an ultrasound. They couldn't formulate a diagnosis, so they referred us to a pediatric urologist. Two appointments later, we found out he probably had a minor infection that cleared up on it's own. The urologist guessed the infection was from either a) the strain from vomiting (he had gotten sick one night just before I noticed the swelling) or b) urine reflux. Either way, he's healthy and happy now. I was relieved that it was nothing requiring surgery such as a hydrocele or hernia. Phew.

We celebrated the Fourth.
 
We bought Noah betta fish. He doesn't seem too excited about them yet. None of us are. Oh well.

Brian and I attended a friend's wedding the night of our canceled FET. I managed to keep it together all night. Go me.

In Colorado Springs you can feed giraffes at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It is one of the most beautiful zoos I've ever been to, set on the side of a mountain.

Noah was too frightened to feed them though.

Here he is curled up in his stroller, deathly afraid of the giraffes.

Noah got to feed chickens. Surprisingly, he was not afraid to try it. But once the chicken pecked in the cup, he was ready to hand it off to daddy.
  
On one hot day, we met our daycare provider and her daughter at a local splash park. I caught Livy sharing something very important with Noah. As a typical guy, he's more interested in his beverage.
Walking through a fake river. I just missed catching them holding hands and looking so adorable. Sadly my arms were full and I couldn't focus in on them in time.

After all that, we boarded a plane and set off for Minnesota. I'll share that trip soon!

2 comments:

  1. The curled up stroller picture is hysterical! Those giraffes ARE pretty big! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures! I wish we lived closer to that splash park/fake river, looks cool.

    ReplyDelete