Thursday, November 1, 2012

8 Weeks!

I’ve decided it’s time to start the weekly surveys. These are more for my benefit than anyone else’s, so if you couldn’t care less I don’t blame you. :)

How Far Along: 8w0d

How Big Is Baby: The size of a raspberry or a kidney bean.

Sex: For now I’m guessing boy, based solely on how good I am feeling. Just like when I was pregnant with Noah. In fact, I think I feel even better this time around.

Symptoms: Sore, growing chest. Fatigue at night and often after eating lunch. Slowly tightening pants. My nightly “food baby” which makes me look about 15 weeks pregnant. More frequent trips to the bathroom. Sometimes waking up to pee in the middle of the night. Super intense hunger. I can’t go more than a couple of hours without snacking on something or my stomach is growling big time. Occasional constipation, but it hasn’t been bad at all. Still no nausea, and I’m fairly certain I won’t be dealing with it. Noah threw up all over me Sunday night, and if that couldn’t get me to puke, nothing will. (Yes, I know I have it easy for the first trimester, and yes I am thankful!)

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing that sticks out. I guess maybe I’m more interested in carbs than usual, but probably not. I do like mashed potatoes lately.

Belly Button: In.

Sleep: Doing fine there. On the weekends I wake up to pee around the time I usually get up for work, but during the weekdays I don’t wake up overnight.

Stretch Marks: Not even close.

Weight: 115 (I was 110 at the doctor's office last week, but I think it's just a difference in scales. I certainly haven't gained 5 pounds in a week!)

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I am unbuttoning my pants a lot while sitting so they don’t dig in. Everything still fits, just getting a little more snug. I am close to retiring most of my bras, but the maternity/nursing bras that I wore last time are still too big.

Movement: Nope.

What I Miss: Not taking daily medications and shots. It’s getting old!

What I’m Looking Forward To: Ultrasound #2 next Friday. Graduating from our clinic and weaning from my meds.

Best Moment This Week: Seeing and hearing the heartbeat last Friday!

Milestones: Heartbeat!

2 comments: