Saturday, November 10, 2012

Goodbye, Junebug.

Today was one of those days where you wake up and hope that the events of the previous day were just a bad dream. The crushing headache and swollen eyes, both the result from too many tears shed, quickly snapped me back to reality though.

We have lost our Junebug. There was no heartbeat on the ultrasound. Baby measured a full week behind.

I have a D&C scheduled through my OB on Tuesday. I am still weighing the options. I've never had surgery before, and I don't like that there is a risk of perforating or scarring the uterus. We don't need any more challenges. But I really hate the idea of going through a full miscarriage. At least I have some time to figure it out. Anyone with experience in this area of loss, please feel free to offer any thoughts you have on which option you chose.

12 comments:

  1. (((Hugs))) I am so so sorry!!! I am here if you need to talk. My email is lrm1102 at gmail dot com. I have not gone through a d&c but can relate to the sadness & feelings you are experiencing having lost our little boy at 18w this past June. You and your family are in my thoughts. I am here anytime & would be happy to email & text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I am so sorry. I'll be thinking about you. Give Noah lots of extra hugs for all of us "out here," and for you. You will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry for your loss. I have no comforting words, but I do know the pain, anger and sadness you are feeling now. Much love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I am so sorry {{{HUGS}}} No experience with D&C's and my only loss was a chemical so it was super early. My thoughts are with you...and I'm just sorry =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read this. My first loss was at 8.5 weeks. It happened really quickly after I stopped my progesterone, and I don't remember it being particularly painful. I'm sure I blogged about it at the start of my blog. What I hated physically about it was wearing pads, but otherwise I was fine with my Advil or Tylenol.
    Personally, I'd stop the meds and give it a week or so. The placenta hasn't totally taken over at this point, so I would think things will happen on their own. The only plus to a D&C would be sending the products of conception for testing. I'm not sure it's worth it for a first miscarriage after a healthy child.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so so sorry that you are going through this. Thinking of all of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you're going through this. many cyber hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so terribly, terribly sorry Lisa. Might I suggest Bitter Infertiles, episode #6. We talk extensively about this decision, about the ups and downs of both sides. It's an ugly - and deeply personal - decision either way. While there are risks with a D&C, personally I still feel that it's the better option. Less to see, over quicker, and you have the option for testing. Whatever you decide, I'm sending you so much love and wishes for a quick physical recovery. The emotional will take much longer, I'm afraid. SO sad for the Junebug. :(

    http://bitterinfertiles.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/episode-6/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no... I am so incredibly sorry, Lisa. My chest is aching, and I wish so badly that this wasn't your reality right now. Holding your hand from far away, friend... We're here for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am beyond sorry Lisa. This post has brought tears to my eyes for you. You are a strong woman, infertility makes us that way. You will make it through this. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete