Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanks, Universe...

Last night I was feeling kind of blah. Brian went to make dinner for me, but I decided to go help after a few minutes. I commented to him that I had written a blog post about feeling fewer symptoms, but suddenly was feeling kind of nauseous and tired. Go figure. We made grilled cheese and tomato soup with Brian's favorite mandarin orange salad. Towards the end of getting everything prepared, I had to lie down. I felt so gross. I couldn't decide if I was overly hungry or really getting sick. I got up and took one bite of my grilled cheese which immediately confirmed that yes, I was really sick. I lied back down on the couch and listened to Noah fuss through his dinner. I knew I truly wasn't feeling well because I was getting really agitated by it, so I had to go upstairs and hide in bed. I was lying on my right side, and could tell if I moved at all I would be running to the bathroom to either puke or crap myself. I knew I would have to get up eventually since I can't sleep in my contacts, so I decided to just get it over with. To all the ladies with chronic morning sickness, I have a new respect for how shitty it must be. Puking in early pregnancy is really, truly terrible. And worrisome. Thankfully this is just a GI bug and I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning to ease my mind. In the meantime, I am parked on the couch, feeling much better, but missing my 7th full day of work since September. I am on a roll! And to think I thought I was spared from Noah's tummy bug. Dang!

On a side note, Noah was very sweet last night. He was upset that I wasn't downstairs with them, so Brian brought him into our room. He asked to hold my hand and then asked if I was all better. Brian told him mommy might throw up, so Noah asked if I had thrown up. I told him no, not yet. So he turned to Brian and said, "Mommy not throw up yet." You could tell he felt bad for me. Then Brian had to put him to bed by himself, and Noah pretty much insists that I have to read books every night. He wouldn't let Brian read anything. Brian would suggest a book and Noah would whine, "No, that's Mommy's book!" So he went to bed without books (despite Brian's continued offering), and very unhappy. Poor guy. He needs to get over this mommy-does-everything phase!

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you are getting a GI bug! No fun! Wishing you the best with your u/s tomorrow!

    It is amazing how our little ones can sense so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry you got the bug =( Hope it's all gone tomorrow and your u/s goes great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for" comes to mind. Sorry, Hon. I had no idea this would come true. I'm going to go now and wish that you guys would move back home since I had NO idea how powerful I truly am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Cheri! I am believing in the power of the Grandma! I can see the moving trucks.....

    ReplyDelete