Thursday, January 31, 2013

Could Have Been and Is

What Could Have Been:
In another life, today could have been my due date. It could have been the day that Noah became a big brother. It could have been the day that our family was finally complete. Today could have been the day that we closed this chapter in our lives. Today could have been a joyous day worth celebrating.

What Is:
In this life, today is a day when I woke up and thought of my miracle baby. Today is a day when I drove to work and realized I was far more emotional than I expected to be. Today is a day where I wonder about how much further I have to travel down this uncharted road. It is also a day to reflect on everywhere we have already been. Today is still a joyous day worth celebrating. Today is my first woulda/coulda/shoulda-been due date of 2013 and I am going to make it special, like it could have been, and like it still is.

To my miracle, wherever you may be, happy due date.

2 comments: