Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Answered Prayers
To be honest, I'm not an overly religious person. I would call myself more spiritual than anything. I believe there's something bigger out there that none of us can fully comprehend. It's not in my nature to say prayers, but believe me when I say I have been praying like crazy since Ed's heart attack. Well, today all of our prayers were finally answered. They were able to remove Ed's ventilator and lo and behold, he was more lucid than anyone had previously realized. He explained that over the last two days he's been trying to communicate with small gestures and eye movements, but no one was catching on. He was terribly frustrated. Poor guy! He's still coming off of heavy sedatives and a paralytic so he's pretty foggy about a lot of things, but as far as my mom and step-sister are concerned, he's the same old Ed we've always known and loved. I keep thinking I'm dreaming. I have to pinch myself to believe this is real! Just last night I was feeling despair and crying to myself after my mom explained that he was in a delirium and may not ever come fully around. The lack of any guarantees was starting to beat us all down. And today? Ed is back! There is still a long journey ahead including a quadruple bypass, but there just are not enough words to express how relieved and grateful we are that he has made it through everything so far. My deepest and most heartfelt thanks to all of you who have kept Ed in your thoughts and prayers. They're working!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So happy! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so fantastic!!! Continuing my PTs for him and all of you.
ReplyDeleteYaaaay!!!!! So glad to hear!
ReplyDeleteSO glad that things are improving!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete