Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One Week

Noah turns one week today! Here's some of the amazing things we've learned about our son so far.
  • He is able to push himself up for a split second and move his head
  • He loves his bouncer on vibrate
  • He doesn't like diaper changes or being naked
  • Loud noises startle him, but he doesn't wake up
  • There might be a birthmark at the nape of his neck
  • Skin-to-skin contact puts him to sleep fast, and mommy loves it!
  • He sneezes in twos, but sometimes the second one only comes out as an adorable sigh
  • He still hiccups almost daily
  • Sponge baths are not his friend (evidence below)
I am feeling better and better each day. I'm still a little tender down there, but it's nothing a little advil can't take care of. Brian and I are without any parents for the first time in a week, and things are going smoothly. His parents will be here this weekend, and we're really looking forward to it. I know Gamma Wendy is too! ;)

I've lost about 15 pounds so far (maybe more, our scale is way different than the doctor's) and can't believe how much smaller I already look. For some reason I expected to look puffy and round for a while. I also can't believe how little I care about it. I have a beautiful baby boy. Who cares if I look good in a bikini??

One week postpartum

10 comments:

  1. You will be your skinny minnie little self in no time. Just make sure you're eating enough to stay healthy and keep that baby healthy. (Not that is ever much of a problem with you!) Noah is NOT enjoying his bath much, is he? I miss holding that little bundle of velvety softness. You're up, Gamma Wendy! (Grandpa Tom, or is it Gampa?) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! He is sooooo cute! And yes, Gamma Wendy can't wait to get her hands on him! (And your tummy is already flatter than mine after a big meal!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like things are going great! Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, babies sure do hate being clean and/or naked. I would LOVE it of someone gave me baths every day and let me run around mostly naked. Oh, society and its rules....

    And you look great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading the responses from the Grandma and Gamma! Even squalling, I think he's really adorable. You look half the size already too! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds just like Kara with the bath/diaper change stuff. Am I bad if I only bathe her every 6 days unless a major diaper mess needs more than a wipe for clean-up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sounds amazing! Congrats Lisa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything sounds great so far! And your little man is still so precious and handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Lisa's Mom: I am thinking Tom will be more a Grandpa Tom kind of guy, but you never know. He has been amazingly goo-gooey about Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's soooo cute! Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete