Monday, May 24, 2010

I Can't Get No Sleep

Cue Faithless. I might as well listen to his rave music and wave around some glow sticks. If I'm going to be awake half the night, I guess I should make the most of it, right? (If you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, Google "Faithless - Insomnia." If you like techno, it's kind of a fun song.) Somebody please tell me that this little guy will eventually go for more than 3 hours between feedings!! I feel kind of hopeless at times. It's insane to me to think that I haven't slept for more than three hours at a time since April 21st. And the two months preceding Noah's birth weren't the most restful either. Good Lord this is hard. I told Brian the other day (and numerous people have said it since) that eventually it must get better or no one would have more than one. I hope that's the case.

These faint smiles are about the only thing getting me through most days.

10 comments:

  1. Your little monkey. :) They say it gets better. I don't know if I believe them though since "they" also said pregnancy was great!! Hope you get some rest soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At around 8wks I think I started being able to let her go longer between feedings at night. I get some 4-5 hour stretches now. Hopefully things will get better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on the no sleep thing. It's the worst form of torture. I hope beyond measure I have an easy-going baby that loves to sleep, mostly for selfish reasons. :) A couple of my friends thought it got better around 2 months, give or take a week or so...if so, you're getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lack of sleep has to be tough. I hope it gets a little better soon. He is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fuzzy old memory remembers things getting better at around 6 weeks, so you are getting closer! And somewhere around the 8 week to two-month mark, you should be here! I bet there might be a Grandma or two in the state who might LOVE to give Noah a nighttime bottle if pumping works for you. (We old, post-menopausal women don't sleep well anyway.) In the meantime, once Brian is done for the summer, get some sleep! He can at least do the getting Noah back to sleep part, let you take naps during the day, etc. Tom used to sometimes bring the boys to me in bed so I could nurse without getting out of bed, then put the boys back to bed. Even that made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I forgot to say, I love the smiley pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a cute little picture! Trust me it will improve... we have barely started getting one 5-6 hour stretch... the rest are still 3 hour feeds (mltiplied by 2)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thx for commenting on my blog and for the encouragement...i cant wait for you to get your big, gummy, no-doubt-about-it smile from little noah....there's nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does get better... Slowly. I still remember getting my first 5 hour stretch after months of getting no more than 3 hours. I felt like a new woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, you know what I love? I love that you are so honest. A lot of people spend all their time talking about how "great" everything is. How being a new mom is a breeze. No problems at all! Bull. But it does get better. Then it will get worse again, and this continues forever. But the rewards increase all the time!! :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete