Monday, May 10, 2010
Mother's Day
It was not a great day. We had a fussy Noah all day, minus one good nap. He peed through multiple outfits, and then after some content Skyping with my parents, he experienced some exorcist-style barfing. When it came shooting out of his nose, that scared me. But he was fine, and after a bath to clean him up, he was right back to being very unhappy. I can't blame him. I tried one more feeding before putting him down for the night, and he peed through his outfit, all over my pants, and all over the Boppy. Brian went to get the other Boppy cover, and the freaking zipper was broken. He spent about 15 minutes fixing it while we both fumed to ourselves over the day we had. Even though it was a difficult, exhausting day, I'm still aware of how lucky I am to have been able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Things will get better, as you know. You're doing everything right! He's just fussy. I haven't told you this much, but you were a very fussy baby. I used to look at you and think, WHAT DO YOU WANT?! It's just frustrating, no two ways about it. And yes, exchausting. But you have a beautiful baby, and this is pretty normal. Hang in there, guys. At about six weeks, things magically smooth out. (At least that's how I remember it.) ;-)
ReplyDeleteLOL! Glad it was a good day even though things didn't go according to plan.
ReplyDeleteWhat I remember about the six week mark, per Lisa's Mom's comment, is that you are really just about ready to throw in the towel. It has been six weeks of being nervous, wondering if they are eating enough, sleeping the right amount, etc. etc. You are exhausted from lack of sleep, and starting to get a little bit tired of needing to be at someone else's beck and call 24/7. You'd really like nothing more than to take a long, hot shower without worrying that he will wake up, and then take a nice long nap. Then, right about at that 6 week mark, they look at you, you can tell they recognize you, and they SMILE at you. It's the most amazing moment. Hang in there, and tell my son to take care of him for awhile tonight while you soak in a hot bathtub and read a trashy magazine. Love you - you're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteSorry it didn't go as well as planned...and I second the idea of a long bath and a trashy magazine read! A few minutes of time to yourself could do a world of good. Here's to everything getting easier...
ReplyDelete